OT: SAT Scores

my best combined score was a 1260, but that was on the old version in 1993, before they bosted the scores by atleast 140 points, I wish I had taken it 2 years later when they bumped the scores up then I could have made a case for a 1400

Originally posted by shrinkydinx the highest score on the psat possible is 240 (psat is math, verbal, and writing, 80 pts each) the psat report will give you a score on the 1600 scale, it is "what you should expect" to get on sats.

it takes a score in the 99th percentile in your state (probably what you were talking about, alpha) to qualify to be a "national merit semifinalist" (the only reason for psats) which this year was anything above ~218 here.
yeah it was 220 in nj.. i got me a 234, so i had to do that whole application thing for the national merit scholar stuff. there were like 6 semifinalists in my school this year.. IMO the psat's are a more accurate test than the sat's (of course because i did well, but thats not all) because they are before everyone starts studying and taking sat classes.

btw, you CAN study for the sat's. once i tried doing some analogies without looking at the questions (just the answers) and i got 9 out of 11 right. you can learn what type of relationships they use for analogies. if youre smart, you dont have to go to a tutor to learn that stuff.

10/2002 SAT I Test Completed

Math 800 99

Verbal 770 99

Just got my scores..

1550 is what i was shootin' for. I got a 1490 last time and studied a little verbal, but this time i went in there cold and spanked that ****. I guess shrinkydinx is right, studying is overrated.

I think this warrants some intoxication tonight.

Harvard.. Im getting recruited for squash there so I probably will get in.

I really want to go to Stanford, but i will probably apply there regular and Harvard early action(so i dont have to bother with too many applications if i get in).

How about you?

It didnt give an IQ score in the same format as they usually are given. Basically, I got 99% on 6 out of the 7 tests, and the 7th was just copying numbers from one thing to another (ie clerical speed and accuracy, secretary work) and i got a 65%. The other 6 tests were intelligence, as in spatial relations and other stuff. No one else in my grade did anywhere near as well as I did. I havent taken a real iq test, but this was good enough for me. There was some iq test online and i got a 172 on it, but its probably not as accurate as the one you took.

All I know is that I am smart.

My GPA is my weak point too.. I think that once your intelligence gets above a certain point, you get lazier. Its a good thing I am good at a sport, because that kinda gives you an excuse. I'm not even top fifth of my class.

UVA is **** good.. I would like to go to a school in a warm climate(ie stanford). I hear the campus is beautiful. Good luck with your college stuff.

**** I feel dumb, I got 20 on my ACT only tried it once and my problem being when ever I take a big test in school I freak and get so nervous I'll end up guessing on the test just to finish so I calm down.I got a 132 on a IQ test and never took the SATs took the PSAT but can't remember the score. Math and science is my higher scores and as you can prolly tell by reading my shitty grammer, english is my worst

I just go to a private highschool in a good area. The acceptance rate is like 30%, so most of the kids are good students. I am only a good student in physics and english. I don't really care about any other courses.

Wow bottom fifth you are a real achiever! You must really try to not do any work in school. Or else you go to a smart school.

hey, those of you that took both psat and sat, is there a difference in difficulty level, because i just took the psat, and i thought the math was easy, but the english crap was hard. yeah, anyways, your oppions?

y'all ready for a real dumba$$? i got 1120 on my SAT, a 32 on the ACT in 11th grade, dropped out of high school my senior year after football. i lost my ride due to my knee deciding to go one way while the rest of body was convinced on going the other.

to make up for it, i got my G.E.D. in 1993, 3 years after dropping out. i scored the highest score to that date ever in the state. i took a 4 hour test in 1.5 hours and missed a total of 7 questions, mostly in english.

what's this got to do with anything? not a whole bunch really, except dropping out of high school, regardless of the reasons, is the only thing in my life i have regretted.

there's a message here to all you kids, i just can't find the right words. anyway, you don't have to be a genius to succeed in this world, you just have to try and not be afraid of failing. if you can do that, you can do anything.

sermon over...........sorry

Im a senior and have yet to fill out my application for my SAT guess i should probably get going on that but im planning on going to ITT so im not all that worried about my SAT score. Has anyone going to ITT becuase I have heard both good and bad about it but never from a student.

I scored 1180 on my first try at the SATs, and was half-asleep at the time (I worked late the previous night). I know I could've done better, but didn't give a ****. My GPA was something like 1.7 or 1.8, also because I didn't give a ****. I went on to YTI to get my associates degree in computer systems admin, but I quickly discovered that the program there was nearly as horrible as high school, and quit that. I kind of like the SAT tests, because they are a somewhat better measure of intelligence (at least for some people) than school grades are. A lot of my friends got 1300+ scores, a few had over 1500, and one had a 1590.

What am I doing with my life right now? Unfortunately, not a **** thing. I quit my job as shift manager for Burger King yesterday because they refused to give me a couple days off to recover from my fiance breaking up with me, despite that I had covered the other managers when they needed time off to deal with family emergencies. Now I'm jobless and minus my better half. Life ***** sometimes, but at least I still have my car and the awesome sound system in it (knock on wood!)

Originally posted by mrray13 y'all ready for a real dumba$$? i got 1120 on my SAT, a 32 on the ACT in 11th grade, dropped out of high school my senior year after football. i lost my ride due to my knee deciding to go one way while the rest of body was convinced on going the other.

to make up for it, i got my G.E.D. in 1993, 3 years after dropping out. i scored the highest score to that date ever in the state. i took a 4 hour test in 1.5 hours and missed a total of 7 questions, mostly in english.

what's this got to do with anything? not a whole bunch really, except dropping out of high school, regardless of the reasons, is the only thing in my life i have regretted.

there's a message here to all you kids, i just can't find the right words. anyway, you don't have to be a genius to succeed in this world, you just have to try and not be afraid of failing. if you can do that, you can do anything.

sermon over...........sorry
amen to that brother.!! and i'm not even christian. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

http://www.emode.com/tests/uiq/

I tried this iq test I got a 127 just curious to see what everyone else will get. Kinda long though(8 pages). My girlfriend got a 124, so now i have bragging rights becuase she always thinks she's smarter then me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

RangerMan

Premium Member
Premium Member
RangerMan
NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date