OT: SAT Scores

Originally posted by saltyjesus Im not tryint to start any fights or be disrespectful but there is no chance you guys all got 1300s and 1400s. Those scores are very rare. The average is 1000. Most of my friends and I got between 1200 and 1300. !400 is f***ing genius.
Ohh I'll gladly dispute this... I have no reason to lie, nor nothing to gain from it... School time for me has passed... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

RIT is ohta as hell man. Guys i am the dumbass here. Uner a 1000 on my SAT's last summer. Gonna retake ASAP, cause i need to do better soon. I really want into Uconn, and my SAT's are they only thing that i am under their average on.

J

i took a practice SAT...before i knew anything about it and got a 900. Then i took some Kaplan class and then reached an 1110. I recommend taking some sort of class or even a book of strategies or something. It really helps.

i never took my sats cus i was gunna go to a jr college and didnt need them.. No point in taking a 4 hour test for nothing. besides i usually do bad on those tests. on my psat i didnt do well. i didnt really try hard, but if i remember corerectly i got like barely 1000 i think. I took that asvab though for the navy and got in the 96 percentile, and they have different tests, my recrutier told me i had the hardest test.. might have been pushing my button though.

i got a 1260 on my SAT last october. took them 1 time and the PSAT one time as a junior. now you may call it B.S. but i just graduated with a 4.05 GPA last year and attend university of texas(yes i know we lost today!).

adam

I got a 27 on the ACT, 36 is the highest possible ( took it once in 11th). It kinda actually came back to haunt me though, after being out of school for 3 years, I decided to go to college, and they had recorded my scores and their computer wouldn't let me take classes that were lower than the classes I qualified for through the ACT. So they had to spend an extra 30 minutes, because there is no way I remember stuff from 3 years ago. I ended up taking the college placement test and did horrible, scored a 29 on the math part of the ACT, and on the College placement test I scored so low, that it said I needed to take college prep classes. So I took the two, and started one class above the lowest, one class below the highest class I qualified for. It is actually working out pretty good. I have a very high 'A' in the class. Anyhow, don't be lazy like me, get college out of the way, so you don't end up taking more classes than you should.

Originally posted by saltyjesus Im not tryint to start any fights or be disrespectful but there is no chance you guys all got 1300s and 1400s. Those scores are very rare. The average is 1000. Most of my friends and I got between 1200 and 1300. !400 is f***ing genius.
Just because all of your friends got between a 1200 and 1300 doesn't mean that everyone got between them. The average may be 1000 (but i seriously doubt that) but alot of the people where i come from get between 1300 - 1500. 1400 is not extremely genious, that is the people that get 1600 ( the max score).

I never took the SAT, only the ACT...I took it 4 times, because everytime I took it, my score increased at least 1 point...I ended up with a 31, and I'm a dumbass, because I should have kept taking it until my score quit increasing.

First of all, the PSAT's aren't really harder than the SAT's. When I took them, I only got 3 questions wrong on the whole test. They go to 80, and I got 80 math 80 writing 74 verbal. I did worse on my SAT's last spring and got a 1490, but I did a lot better this fall I know it. For the school that I go to, these types of scores aren't unheard of. Of course, my grade is the smartest grade to go through my school ever, and I am the smartest person (by way of an IQ test our grade took freshman year), so I am not really a normal case. Most of my friends at school are between 1300's and 1400's, but a lot of those ****ers take SAT courses and ****. I didn't do that. They pay a doctor to diagnose them with ADD or dyslexia so they get extra time to do the test, too. It's such a dirty system.. I mean what the **** the college board makes the test and also makes the ****ing study books. Thats just not a good idea.

I agree that the PSATS are not harder then the SATS and I also agree that studying doesn't do anything to help. It all depends on how you do on taking tests though. I am not even going to tell you what I got on mine because they ****** so bad but I still got into every school I applied to.

Corsica, don't even worry about it. I got into UConn and my score was right around where your's is at. I only took them once because I thought they were a waste of my time personally. Most schools don't use them as the basis of accepting you anyways.

Later guys

Jenn

Originally posted by Alphafrog1 Just because all of your friends got between a 1200 and 1300 doesn't mean that everyone got between them. The average may be 1000 (but i seriously doubt that) but alot of the people where i come from get between 1300 - 1500. 1400 is not extremely genious, that is the people that get 1600 ( the max score).
I never took the ACT, but I can guarantee you that 1300-1500 is very hard to get. I know, I had plenty of friends take it, and they were in "advanced" classes. The average for my county was around 1050. The average for the state was slightly lower. So take it from there. The average is not 1300-1500. Jlaine, I believe scored what he said he scored, I've read enough of his work to know that he is by no means average. So I seriously doubt his 1400 ish........is average, because I doubt myself I could have scored that high, and I'm no idiot.

This is an interesting topic. I'm going to show this to anyone that hates on car audio fanatics! It seems to me that in general we have a pretty smart group here. I'm a sr. in high school now, I made a 30 on the ACT as a jr. I made a 66 writing, 66 math and a 65 verbal on PSAT I think...not too bad considering I did not study for either of those tests. I took the SAT2 subject tests yesterday in writing, math level 1c and physics. I thought the test was pretty easy except for physics, only because I haven't taken physics yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif Anyways, its nice to know how smart some of you guys are. To the guy that wanted to go to RIT, good luck man, I hear its a pretty good school, I'm personally aiming for MIT(Massachusetts Institute of Technology) and hopefully I will be able to play basketball for them also. Once again, I really like this topic, I hope we get more and more posts about everyones scores and college plans, or college history(screw ups, successes, etc.) Later guys!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

RangerMan

Premium Member
Premium Member
RangerMan
NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date