Orion 1200d?

ga_boi
10+ year member

just bought an Orion 1200D to push an Orion H2, the other day it starting cutting off and on me, and yesterday it finally went out. I dont think it burned out or anything, it still comes on but it just stays in protection mode. any suggestions on what i should do would be helpful. thanks

Double check the sub. A burnt VC can cause that. Disconnect the sub and see if the amp still works. If the amp remains out of protection then it is the sub.

If it still goes in to protection, check your voltage at the amp and make sure the ground is secure.

Other than that repair or buy a new amp.

No it wasnt a refurb, it is brand new. but i did disconnect it from the sub and got it tested it did the same thing just stayed in protection mode. thanks for your help.

usually inside the amps, transistors are the most likely to be damaged. So they might be the cause of a short circuit and cause the main fuse to always pop out, dunno about the amp going into protect.Maybe a short circuit did hapen and the amp just went into protect, well to protect itself:D, so yep check ur speaker VC.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.