Ordering subs today please help me decide

jake760
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
OR
I have 1000rms and I'm ordering one of these pairs for my extended cab truck. I can't decide between two Alpine Type R 12's or two Kicker CVR 15's. I can get either for the same price shipped. I have boxes for either, 4 cubes @ 35 for the R's or 8 cubes @ 35 for the CVR's. Which would be louder? Which would you buy?

Either one, though I might do the type R because of using half the space, however the airspace for the CVR's might increase efficiency.

Maybe the price will help you decide?

Hopefully someone responds who has used both woofers.

The cost the same. I really don't know. Which will be louder? Will the extra cone area of the 15's make them louder or will the type r 12's be louder?

the type r's should be ran off of more around 1000 wrms a piece to get as loud. if u had that many watts then i would suggest the r's but since you only have 1000 wrms total then go with teh cvr's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.