Optimal box for Icon 15”

Participant count
  • Participant list
Do you know of anything I can add to the system to allow me to adjust the HPF? I checked the LC2I and it doesn’t have any filters on it sadly and my factory headunit doesn’t have any settings either. I wouldn’t wanna spend much on it since I will eventually replace this amp and will use this amp in another vehicle that does have HPF settings on the headunit. But for now it’s what I have to work with.

I’m surprised Kicker doesn’t have more settings on it since all the cheaper amps seem to have these settings. I’m going to be on stock electrical with a Big 3 upgrade and factory 150A ish alternator so figure 1200RMS will be fine from past experience but if I get a 1500-1800RMS for the Zcon I’ll at least need to replace my factory smallish battery with a large Deka AGM since there’s plenty of room under the hood if I ignore the battery tray and rig something up.

Those kicker amps have a built in sub sonic filter (hi pass) that is not variable it is fixed.. You would have to look at the specs in your owners manual or kickers website to see what it is set at.

Those kicker amps have a built in sub sonic filter (hi pass) that is not variable it is fixed.. You would have to look at the specs in your owners manual or kickers website to see what it is set at.

Thank You! That was just the info I was looking for in addition to slugs posts. I don’t have the box/owners manual so googled it and found out it has a subsonic filter set at 25hz and from what I could tell that is basically a HPF? Which is great since 25hz is likely about perfect anyways for the 30-32hz box. Or at least I hope it is.

Any input on the box would be great. I plan to hit up Home Depot tomorrow and may have them cut a few pieces if they don’t make it a pain to do so. I think I’m just going to go with 3.75cu ft at 32hz with about 15.5 in of port per cube. Unless someone tells me a 4 cu box would sound better or a lower tune would be best for the Icon and the 32hz will lose a lot of lower end.

I can design you a box for the ICON if you want, I do charge, not very much and I give you a ton of stuff to work with to make it easy.

If you want to PM me or email at buck.box.designs@gmail.com, I can tell you what I would do, if you don't want a design, I'll shoot you some specs. Just talk to me privately so you can focus on what I say, hahaha. I say specific stuff that all has to be put together, so just let me know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...