Optima: Yellow vs. Red

reclessantics
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SC
Which is better for car audio applications and why?

The Redtop has higher cca's and ca's. I see that the yellow top is deep cycle, but does that matter if im never ever going to listen to music with the car off?

what makes it (yellow top.. because ppl keep refering it to me) a better car audio batt?

thanks

what else would i look for in a battery?

Just curious. The application Im planning on using this for is around 4k watts.

In the set up will be a mechman 250a h/o alt, and definitely 1 d3100 in the back by the amps.

Im just debating on if i need 2 d3100's. id rather go with a smaller (less expensive) batt under the hood.

i was in your same situation about which to buy and went with the Red top. it was little cheaper and more cca,and im adding a kinetik in the trunk. so hopefully i made the right choice.

putting a yellow top under the hood voids the warranty. the red top is for under the hood, the yellow top is for accesories. yellow top works under the hood, it just won't have a warranty.

putting a yellow top under the hood voids the warranty. the red top is for under the hood, the yellow top is for accesories. yellow top works under the hood, it just won't have a warranty.
how would they know?

i was in your same situation about which to buy and went with the Red top. it was little cheaper and more cca,and im adding a kinetik in the trunk. so hopefully i made the right choice.
i have a red top under my hood too. i plan on adding a hc800 i the back

??? where do you get this, i put a yellow under my hood and it has a warranty on it ???

Optimas site states red = good starter battery if running multiple batteries

Yellow = better starter battery if running a single battery setup...

correct me if im wrong but i just was in the same position and got a yellow... so far im a happy customer

??? where do you get this, i put a yellow under my hood and it has a warranty on it ???
Optimas site states red = good starter battery if running multiple batteries

Yellow = better starter battery if running a single battery setup...

correct me if im wrong but i just was in the same position and got a yellow... so far im a happy customer
i got that when returning a yellow top after having it under the hood. i didn't know, so i didn't remove it. they would not take it back after it being under the hood.

i got that when returning a yellow top after having it under the hood. i didn't know, so i didn't remove it. they would not take it back after it being under the hood.
oh that *****. that was i was getting at when i said how would they know. just take it in with out the car and they would never know.

oh that *****. that was i was getting at when i said how would they know. just take it in with out the car and they would never know.
looks like i was wrong. car toys wouldn't take it back. looks like the yellow top is covered by optima even if it is under the hood.

looks like i was wrong. car toys wouldn't take it back. looks like the yellow top is covered by optima even if it is under the hood.
you still have it? just take it back now out of the car and see what they say.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.