Optima Yellow Top, worth it?

lil azn 06
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Im in desperate need of a new battery because today my car had to be jumped twice during emissions test (and it still passed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ) and ive had trouble starting lately. Tommorow i will go to Costco because it was said on this forum that its the cheapest there but im guessing it will still be $150 or so. My question is, is it worth it? The place i went to do inspection today told me they sell Interstate batteries for $90 that come with a 7 year warranty, i dont even think my car will last that long.

Anyways when it comes down to business, is the yellowtop worth it? My dad also mentioned that sometimes dry cell batteries when drained they wont recharge up. True?

Thanks

ive had the same yellow top on two diffrent vehicles. my show truck had viair compressors for my bags and it handled the dechargine from them several times a day and it is now on my car that my spl setup drains it every day.. it has held up for almost two years and has never once went dead or showed signs of getting low. in my opinion i think it is very much worth the money.

yellow tops are excellent, ive been using them for a long time, ive been threw probably 5 or 6 of them in different vehicles and they make a huge difference...

my yellow tops been holdin up pretty well and i have it as my starting battery. i thought it was worth it. for your civic, you should probably go with a D35 since its a group 75. the D51 is a bit small and won't have the same performance as the d35.

I replaced all my Optima's and gained db's....lol but I have a burp machine and you have a daily, two very different beasts. I even blew up a brand new red top once last year, that was definately messy.

The YT is ok for daily just fine.

but on the other side, I still have an Interstate wet cell battery that works great, and its 4 years old....go figure.

sell Interstate batteries for $90 that come with a 7 year warranty, i dont even think my car will last that long.
if you decide not to go with the yellow top buy a walmart battery...

their high end batteries end up being about 70.42 after tax and have 9 years warranty (3 years free replacement) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

group 31 yt's ftw!
mhm x2 thanks to Scottie I got an almost brand new 31 for about 115 shipped to me. tough as a tank at 60lbs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.