Only One Subwoofer working

BrendonW34

CarAudio.com Newbie
I can only get one speaker to hit at a time. I’m using a line out converter with rcas connected to it. When I unplug one rca cable one sub will hit (the left one no matter what rca cable I have plugged in) and when they’re both plugged in I get nothing out of them. Anyone know the problem I’m having?

Last edited:
Definitly need more info to diagnose. Is it a mono or multi channel amp?
Try another pair of rcas
I somewhat agree with this. I can't think of any other way either channel works but both channels don't work except for a short in the signal. However, I enjoy problem solving and I loathe running wire, so I suggest some basic troubleshooting first.

Start with an ohmmeter. Each rca connection has two conductors: let's call them inners and outers.

Outers: You should have continuity between the two outers. You should have continuity between each outer and ground.

Inners: You should not have continuity between the two inners. You should not have continuity between either inner and ground.

Disconnect the cables from the amp, and measure both the cable side and the amp side.

Definitly need more info to diagnose. Is it a mono or multi channel amp?

I somewhat agree with this. I can't think of any other way either channel works but both channels don't work except for a short in the signal. However, I enjoy problem solving and I loathe running wire, so I suggest some basic troubleshooting first.

Start with an ohmmeter. Each rca connection has two conductors: let's call them inners and outers.

Outers: You should have continuity between the two outers. You should have continuity between each outer and ground.

Inners: You should not have continuity between the two inners. You should not have continuity between either inner and ground.

Disconnect the cables from the amp, and measure both the cable side and the amp side.

It’s a mono block amp, and I’ve tried two sets of rcas now. I’ll try using the ohmmeter and see I guess. I know the amp is good and the speakers themselves are good as they’re all fairly new

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...