Only get static during the winter!

Participant count
  • Participant list

mdfranci

dallas
I have had my system for about 6 years with no issues until the last two winters, I am getting static from the right front speaker, the sound does not change whether the engine is reved up or not or if I have the heater or any other electrical device on. I have an Alpine head unit running through Audio Control Spatial Restoration, Audio Control 3.1, EQX, and then to my Dynaudio 2 way system in the front and JL Subs in the back and all the speaker & RCA cables are Monster Cable. The static sounds like a short and stays in the right side of the system and stays there no as long as the radio is on. Once the weather warms up past about 40 degrees everything is ok. My plan is to go through the speaker cables and then look at the rca cables for any cuts, open shorts etc. If nothing is founf then I plan on eliminating components from the system to see if this helps, would this be the right approach since they are a lot of areas that can cause the static?

Thanks,

Mike

I would swap left to right on the rca's and speaker cables at each stage of the system one by one and see at what point the static changes to the other side of the car...then check that piece of cable or hardware instead of having to look at them all at once.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.