One voice coil giving a higher than normal Ohm reading?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I doubt its blown but its a little odd that the vc is reading about twice as high as the others. Could be a bad tinsel connection somewhere along the line. I had a similar issue with a sub from Sundown and they told me it was fine and I wouldn't notice a difference under normal listening conditions (skeptical of that myself) and refused to warranty it . Hook the sub up and give it a shot. See how it does.

its gonna need a recone because the voice coil is damaged or the lead connection as spooney said.

the winding could have rubbed and got damaged...

Well I don't know how to do a recone, and it would probably cost as much or more to get it reconed by someone else as it would to just replace the sub. I'm still going to hook it up and see if it works. I'll update when that happens, hopefully some time this weekend.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.