One of those beginner Hiphonics threads... Help needed

Participant count
  • Participant list
In my 2006 Ford Five-Hundred Limited I have 2 10" JL 10W3v3-2's wired down to 1 ohm. I had it all wired with a 4gauge wiring kit. My first amp was the Hiphonics HFi 1500.1. The professional installer guy came to me after installation and said "dude, those subs are amazing, and can take twice that amp". After a little more research I learned the HFi series isnt CEA approved. therefore most likely very over rated. I returned the Hfi 1500 and am now looking at the Hiphonics Brutus 1200.1. It is CEA approved. My budget it probably $200. So this would fit that. I cant do the Brutus 1700.1 because it requires 2 gauge wiring and i would most likely need another battery or something. im new to car audio so everything in the car is stock except for my JVC KWHDR720 Head unit. Any help?

it is a good amp. I have been satisfied with mine (my wife's, actually) for 5 yrs running at 1ohm with 0 issues.
Thanks for helping me with that! Really looking forward to recieving this! Will most def turn the gain down on it lol. Although my last amp the hifonics HFi 1500 didn't even make the subs flex hardly. Then later I read that it is wayyyyyy overrated

the BRZ specs I have been able to locate show a frequency response of
The BRZ are a HUGE upgrade from the BXI line.. wtf are ya talking about.

I've owned both a BXi and BRZ and the BRZ dominates and is hifonics best offered amp to date

The BRZ are a HUGE upgrade from the BXI line.. wtf are ya talking about.
I've owned both a BXi and BRZ and the BRZ dominates and is hifonics best offered amp to date
I did not diss the BRZ. I simply said that the specs I have found on them did not impress me and that is what the fuck I am talking about. I am very satisfied with the BXI 05D model. It has been a solid amp for the $ for many years. The best to date is the 2012 BRE model, IMO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.