One high power 18" vs two lower power 18's?

One high power 18(sp4) or two lower power 18's(Q's)?

• One high power sub(sp4)

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Two lower power subs(Q's)

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
are you only going for sound or do you want to compete? for nice sound (as much as i hate to admit it) crossfire v1 18s were the best sounding subs ive owned. they didnt do a **** thing on the meter but for what they were i loved em.
I wont be doing any real competing, maybe blow some friends out of the water. Its just gonna be a daily driver that will take your breath away. Im not looking for crazy good sound quality but I dont want something thats to sloppy. Gotta hit the low lows and sound good!

Howdy folks, after a long time with no bass its finally time to get back in the game. Im trying to decide on my next setup and would appreciate some input from all of you. The setup will be going in a ford explorer and if I dont have enough airspace behind the seats I will wall it off. Music is going to be mainly rap with lots of lows, no competition just ground pounding. For now power is an aq2200d and if needed I will step up to 3-4krms some time down the road. I will design and build the optimal ported box for either subs.
Now my question is would it be better for my application to use one 18 on lots of power like an FI SP4 or use two less powerful 18's like the FI Q? I have ran the q's in the past and I really liked how clean they sounded and im kind of leaning towards them. Please chime in and let me know what you think and thanks in advance!
If you plan on keeping it simple on the AQ2200D, why not a pair of the Incriminator Death Row 18's?

If you plan on keeping it simple on the AQ2200D, why not a pair of the Incriminator Death Row 18's?
I gave IA a try a while back and there just not my cup of tea. I am starting to think about getting another 2200D or getting a single 5-8krms amp and just do 2 high power 18's and do it right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...