One Alpine type X or 2 JL Audio w3v2's?

P_diaz82
10+ year member

Ok I have two JL Audio 10w3v2's running off of an alpine mrp m500. They're getting 500 watts rms at 2 ohms in a sealed box. I was thinking of getting a 10" alpine type X in a sealed box, cuz I just bought an alpine mrp m850 which is 800 watts rms at 2 ohms and I don't want to blow my JL's. What do you guys think?

Set your gains properly and you won't?
x2...you could have a 1000rms amp and a 250rms sub and you'd be fine..Just set the gains right and dont worry about it..

And stick with the jl's. More cone surface area and prob sound the same 1 on 1..the x might be a tad better. 2 dub 3's> 1 x.

Well first of all, the two JL subs are around 300w rms each and the Alpine Type X (not to be confused with Kickers Solo X) is 1000w rms. Personally their both good choices but I think the Alpine might be the louder choice. It's supposed to have real good sound quality even for how beast it is. Just make sure you get or build a box thats big enough/the right size for it. It's a pretty beastly sub man. Maybe you could check on some reviews online, see what other people think about it. Hopefully that answers your question, unlike everybody else's mixed confusing answers.

Well first of all, the two JL subs are around 300w rms each and the Alpine Type X (not to be confused with Kickers Solo X) is 1000w rms. Personally their both good choices but I think the Alpine might be the louder choice. It's supposed to have real good sound quality even for how beast it is. Just make sure you get or build a box thats big enough/the right size for it. It's a pretty beastly sub man. Maybe you could check on some reviews online, see what other people think about it. Hopefully that answers your question, unlike everybody else's mixed confusing answers.
So. you say he is going to get louder via 200w? I believe 2x cone area will beat 200w...

Anyway. The amount of power your sub receives is dependent on what you set your gain knob to. You can set it exactly by measuring the voltage.

What if I get another sub and wire them at 3 ohms? Will that be safe for my amp since it's stable at 2 ohms? How many watts would I get out of my amp if it's rated at 800 watts rms at 2 ohms? Do I lose power at 3 ohms?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.