One 12 148db+ 3.5k?

im curious does this guy have a trunk wall? or whats his sub/ port variation if you happen to know.
subs forward, port forward. No wall actually. the box comes to the inside lip of the trunk so its all the way in there and no wall.

You will run out of x-max before 148dB if you are trying to tune that low with a single 12. 38hz tuning is typically way too low if you're trying to see good numbers with small cone area.

la_crx did a 150+ on a dd z 12 and a dd m4 iirc. There's a video of it, in his saleen mustang //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Looking to see what y'all think of running a custom 12 (4hp motor) on 3.5k to hit a 148 or higher. Looking to tune at 38 and it will be in a trunk. Also thinking of putting it in a 4th order.
I think it'll take more than one box to get it there. I'm not sure if a 4th order will get you there either. It also depends on where you meter at. Kick usually yields higher numbers than @ the headrest. But 3.5k and a single 12 is doable. Look at the "spl gains" thread over at smd, best thread ever. Good luck man!

im curious does this guy have a trunk wall? or whats his sub/ port variation if you happen to know.
i know this is late but no trunk wall. he did these numbers with Zv3 10, now he has 2 10" Zv4's with i believe a 8" aero. both firing forward into the cabin. and im sorry he has 2 sundown 2500d's. so 5k....

yeah, thats why i said maybe not, with factors tossed in there with the difficulty from the trunk, 32hz daily driver status!!!!I looked up single 12s and there some guys doing it, and a guy with a kicker sub, 141. From the trunk, lol i think he's lying no video proof! Lol
My wifes focus does a 143.8 from the trunk on 30sec music average with 1 L7 15 @ 37hz.... 141 is really not high at all, i mean 143.8 isnt high either but she's happy with it lol

My wifes focus does a 143.8 from the trunk on 30sec music average with 1 L7 15 @ 37hz.... 141 is really not high at all, i mean 143.8 isnt high either but she's happy with it lol
your wife has a 15, and dude's kicker was round, so not a x, l7 or l5, thats the only reason i don't believe dude, looked like best buy kicker, lol theres alot of factors but i know it can be done!!! i don't remember what he had it tuned at neither!!!

your wife has a 15, and dude's kicker was round, so not a x, l7 or l5, thats the only reason i don't believe dude, looked like best buy kicker, lol theres alot of factors but i know it can be done!!! i don't remember what he had it tuned at neither!!!
Look up Kicker CVX...

Too much fail here... Referring to some of these responses

But to reiterate the good advice, it can probably be done; testing is key. Build a box first to your musical tastes and see where you are. That way you know it'll be satisfying to listen to. Don't slack on electrical/deadening/all that good stuff, too.

Too much fail here... Referring to some of these responses
But to reiterate the good advice, it can probably be done; testing is key. Build a box first to your musical tastes and see where you are. That way you know it'll be satisfying to listen to. Don't slack on electrical/deadening/all that good stuff, too.
I'm not building a box for my musical tastes with one 12. I want to be able to enjoy music with it that is all. Probably will go with a 40hz tuning. I have a shit ton of cld tiles left to use. I know what to do all I was asking was for people's opinions and higher level help than talking about electrical.

i know this is late but no trunk wall. he did these numbers with Zv3 10, now he has 2 10" Zv4's with i believe a 8" aero. both firing forward into the cabin. and im sorry he has 2 sundown 2500d's. so 5k....
thanks foe reply. eight inch aero seems huge for two tens. i wish there were more trunk set ups around my aerea that can get down. there the most interesting in my opinion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

murph

10+ year member
Low for Life
murph
Richmond,VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date