On the right track (focal / arc)?

Participant count
  • Participant list

rhumbob

I have a 2016 Buick Encore, without the optional Bose system. I want to keep the head unit but upgrade the front door and pillar speakers and add an amp.

I listen to a variety of music, from guitar based rock and fusion, to big band (Gordon Goodwin, Charles Mingus), some orchestral, and various ethnic styles that use acoustic instruments. Not a fan of booming bass. I prefer tight and focused. Bose always sounds like puffy lows and sizzling highs to my ears. Looking for a reasonably priced system that can meet my sonic goals.

I have read a bunch here (thanks everyone) and at other forums and review sites. The Focal Performance PS 165 FX seems to fit the bill and my price range. I gave them a listen today in a less than ideal setting but I think they are great sounding. The salesman suggested matching these with an Arc Audio amp, the XDI 450.4.

A couple of questions for the assembled experts:

Am I on the right track given the above or am I missing some issues?

Is 7 hours a reasonable estimate to install this, including adding deadning in the door?

Thanks for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.