OMG you wouldn't believe it. Pyle Square 12's LOUD ported

Yeah. a few are. A few are acting like I am an idiot for witnessing something that I would have normally said wasn't possible. I am sorry that some people contour the the fads of normal society and can't believe anything can go against what is told to them by commercials and advertising

Ummm I never said in SPL. And the L5. And I said as loud as. Don't be so quick to judge. Remember I have taken a world record with audiobahn. Sometimes things/people will surprise you
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif Then what the **** are you talking about? You said the pyles were as loud or louder than the L5s, AKA they beat the solos in SPL. You having some world record which you didn't disclose any details about also means nothing, and trust me, I know about surprises. I bought some pyramids thinking they would be ****. Turns out to be the best value I've ever bought. Hyper Pro with the large surround. **** was eye opening. NSB array, 50ct per speaker. Again, surprising.

dude, calm down. Dont you know we're all just fuckn with you ? We all know they're **** drivers, we're just poking fun at poking fun at this point.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif But trolling is fun

You know whats funny is that PYLE's website gives actual specs on these speakers.

Silver Special Treated Polyproplene Cone

Wide Rubber Surround

Black Square Steel Basket

Bumped & Vanted Extended Pole Piece

2.5'' High Temperature Kapton Dual Voice Coil

4 Ohm Impedance (Per Coil)

70 + 70 oz. Magnet Structure

SPL: 88 dB

1200 Watts Peak Power

Overall Diameter: 11.81''

Mounting Depth: 5.91''

Kickers website has abunch of jargon about "Livin Loud" and "macho" with a "logo stamped steel basket" and a "stout" magnet. Very little useable information. Pretty retarted, really

Actually Pyle made a couple of "OK" drivers back years ago in the 90's that werent too shabby. I totally forget what they were called since ive not seen them in 15 years. They were a limited run that had kevlar cones even - back when that was still a novelty. I had a pair, which is why I know they werent bad (for that era of design).

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif Then what the **** are you talking about? You said the pyles were as loud or louder than the L5s, AKA they beat the solos in SPL. You having some world record which you didn't disclose any details about also means nothing, and trust me, I know about surprises. I bought some pyramids thinking they would be ****. Turns out to be the best value I've ever bought. Hyper Pro with the large surround. **** was eye opening. NSB array, 50ct per speaker. Again, surprising.
Hmmmm kinda but not true. Remember because something sounds loud doesn't mean it meters loud. So by it being as loud to the ear doesn't mean it matches the SPL. MAJOR difference. Perfect example. I have known some cars in the past that had some major phase issues and to sit in was STUPID loud. didn't meter crap. Fixed the issues. To the ear same volume. Went up 6db. The ear is a horrible judge for spl. But volume wise side by side they seemed close. tell you when. When I get a chance i will try to hook them up and listen to them both for a minute to see which is better sounding and louder

You know whats funny is that PYLE's website gives actual specs on these speakers.

Wide Rubber Surround

1200 Watts Peak Power

Kickers website has abunch of jargon about "Livin Loud" and "macho" with a "logo stamped steel basket" and a "stout" magnet. Very little useable information. Pretty retarted, really
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

It takes literally three clicks from the home page to get to any speaker's user manual. That's pretty useless info.

Wide Rubber Surround

1200 Watts Peak Power

Because if you buy Kicker , You will be living loud!

Hmmmm kinda but not true. Remember because something sounds loud doesn't mean it meters loud. So by it being as loud to the ear doesn't mean it matches the SPL. MAJOR difference. Perfect example. I have known some cars in the past that had some major phase issues and to sit in was STUPID loud. didn't meter crap. Fixed the issues. To the ear same volume. Went up 6db. The ear is a horrible judge for spl. But volume wise side by side they seemed close. tell you when. When I get a chance i will try to hook them up and listen to them both for a minute to see which is better sounding and louder
So wait, what you're essentially telling us is that you could easily have had L5s in a nice enclosure tuned in the 30s, and these Pyles in a fartbox and the pyles sounded just as loud?

At the shop in some cheap prefab ported boxes he carries. We have a pair of L5's and a pair of those pyles . They are just as loud as the L5's cost is like 40 dollars each lol. They POUND i was like WTF?
Wait a minute did you say that some pyle subs in a pre fab box out performed a pair of kicker L5's :confused:and you say these subs are only $40:crazy:. does this shop also carry those majic beans my good friend Jack got for his cow? :eek:Did you get these subs out your ass along with this story?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bsflag.gif.21f42eccd34b7d1eb1608fb1b59b69c3.gif

Wide Rubber Surround

1200 Watts Peak Power

What actually usuable information do you have here? The VC size and impedance, the magnet size and maybe some relevance of power handling at best.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Wide Rubber Surround

1200 Watts Peak Power

More importantly, nothing at all listed in this spec sheet helps you in the least. The only things that make for any use are the 1w/m SPL rating, Znom and the dimensions. You can't design **** just knowing that. Plus, who the **** cuts .81" dimensions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

vehementSPL

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
vehementSPL
indianapolis
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date