Omg nooo(Bought wrong amp?)

Ok thanks alot... I know its irritating answering noob questions and getting pissed off and saying "search button." Sorry if I was a pain in the ass, but thanks for the help and the clarification.

I think I bought the wrong amp :\ MTX Thunder 282

280W x 1 @ 14.4V

How do I run it at 14.4V? Does this depend on the head unit?? Please say no lol! My head unit says like 12v for daily operation. Omg no this can't be happening I wanted to get my system done this weekend...
lol

x2....

polytard.jpg

Wow glad everything works out for you and I know I’m a dick for even saying this but this is a prime example as to why post count has nothing to do with knowledge. How the hell did you get to 700+ post and not know this extreme basic building block of car audio. Time to start doing a bit more reading and a lot less typing. Sorry I’ll go back to my hole now, carry on

I have the same amp and its a beast

It will do a 2 ohm mono load ,even though the manual says nothign about it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

The amp is also very underrated.

I think mine is rated at 45 rms per chan @4 ohms but the birthsheet says 125rms~ per chan @4ohm

Just had to add this.

My Chevy alternator charges at 14.8v.

Not all cars are the same. just the contrary. Every motor, every brand, every trim level, every model may have a slightly different voltage. There is no standard but 14.4v is a typical average

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.