Oldschool A/D/S amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nightscrawler
10+ year member

HK
Hey dudes, I tried to search for some comments on the M series amp of A/D/S...but cannot get much information. How do you guys rate these amps? Are they something real good from the quality A/D/S??

Apparently, I looked at the user manuals before and found the SN ratio is only >90dB...which is pretty much below other SQ amps in these days. How do you guys think of that? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Thanks a lot.

Hey dudes, I tried to search for some comments on the M series amp of A/D/S...but cannot get much information. How do you guys rate these amps? Are they something real good from the quality A/D/S??
Apparently, I looked at the user manuals before and found the SN ratio is only >90dB...which is pretty much below other SQ amps in these days. How do you guys think of that? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Thanks a lot.
I have two P2110s that I'll probably be selling soon because they're just too much for what I'd need these days. Older a/d/s amps were great. Shortly before the DEI buyout, however, a/d/s was really struggling to keep out of bankruptcy and some of the powerplate amps they made in those days had problems. The m series was long before that.

As for the signal to noise ratio question, almost all numbers posted by amp makers (SN ratio, dampening, etc.) are pretty much meaningless. The human ear won't be able to tell much of a difference between a 90db and a 120 db SN ratio. Ditto with dampening. And not all companies even rate them the same or under the same circumstances (different test tones, gain levels, voltages).

So, don't pay attention to any of that. It's just marketing. An amp either makes enough power or it doesn't. It's either built to last, or it's not. All those other stats, by and large, are nonsense.

I have two P2110s that I'll probably be selling soon because they're just too much for what I'd need these days. Older a/d/s amps were great. Shortly before the DEI buyout, however, a/d/s was really struggling to keep out of bankruptcy and some of the powerplate amps they made in those days had problems. The m series was long before that.
As for the signal to noise ratio question, almost all numbers posted by amp makers (SN ratio, dampening, etc.) are pretty much meaningless. The human ear won't be able to tell much of a difference between a 90db and a 120 db SN ratio. Ditto with dampening. And not all companies even rate them the same or under the same circumstances (different test tones, gain levels, voltages).

So, don't pay attention to any of that. It's just marketing. An amp either makes enough power or it doesn't. It's either built to last, or it's not. All those other stats, by and large, are nonsense.
Thanks your comments. It definitely helps!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

How about the range of input voltage for the M series? Anybody here knows about that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.