older eclipse amp: fix it or sell it??

Participant count
  • Participant list
They are a nice amp, but it all depends on what you think it is worth. Selling it broken won't net much of sale price and getting it fixed may cost more then what you want to pay.

So what it boils down to...is it worth it to you personally? Unless you are simply attached to the amp the likely answer will be no in most cases.

I say repair it. Working eclipse amps always net a decent resale value, but they're amazing enough to keep. I wouldn't be surprised if you had it fixed and decided to use it again for the nostalgia factor.

Btw, @ampjunkielikeme ; has repair services and they're pretty decently priced. Could end up saving you some dough to have it fixed.

If it were mine,Id get it repaired, and use it, and keep it.If you are wanting to sell as is, throw me a # on it, and maybe we can make a deal,Or I also have a few Trades.I wouldnt mind having it, just to have it.Do you have a couple Pics?Maybe open her up, to look at the board to possibly see what the issue may be?Could be an easy fix for you.

i have opened it up and looked over it. very hard to see much of anything actually wrong with it. it got messed up a while ago. i ordered a metra harness to wire around my factory amp in my 2000 eclipse. they wired all the pins in the harness backwards. it smoked my alpine deck and messed up the amp. was extremely pissed but my buddy had ordered the harness for me and i didnt know where from. i should have tried to contact them but never did. this thing looks amazing on the inside. never seen one quite like it. i personally dont have a whole lot of use for it to actually use since i have a few others sitting around that make more power so i prolly would consider selling it as is depending on offers. ill pm you audiobaun

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.