Ok, I think I'm done for now...

bamaster
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
First off... a lot of love goes out to southwest713 for helping me out in PM during all this. Although, he's most to blame for my impulse buying! But I'm done for now.

Here's my first setup:

• Alpine 9886 head unit
  • Image Dynamics CXS64, 6.5" components
  • MB Quart PAB2100 200x2 amp for IDs
  • Alpine 6x8 coaxials, for rear fill and powered by head unit
  • Fosgate subwoofer amp/enclosure, for my Mustang
  • KnuKoncepts 2-amp Wiring Kit

Then... I wanted better bass, so I bought

• Sundown SAX-125.2
  • RE Audio XXX12

But I saw some YouTube videos of JL 8w7's and they looked great! I'm more about sound quality and I'm worried the XXX12 would not be as fast or tight as two 8's. So I just bought:

• (2 more) Sundown SAX-125.2
  • (2) JL Audio 8w7

So.... that means I'm left with this. Think I'll not use any rear fill. I'm pretty happy about it and excited as hell!

• Alpine 9886
  • ID CXS64, 6.5" component set
  • (2) JL 8w7
  • (3) Sundown SAX-125.2

So I'll be posting the remaining in the Classifieds forum soon.

Alpine 6x8

MB Quart PAB2100 400w amp

Fosgate subwoofer amp/enclosure

RE XXX12

I guess I do need another amp wiring kit, though. Am I missing anything?

lol A subwoofer's size has no indication on how 'fast' it will play. That 12"XXX or the 8W7 will be perfectly fine for sub-frequencies.

Looks like you just spent more money on things you wanted, but did not need like the rest of the us.

keep the xxx //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
For what? Are you saying that one XXX12 is better than two 8w7's?

And remember, this has ZERO to do with price. I'm not rich by any means, but I can afford this.

install dependant but i'd rather have the xxx.

better question is why dont you want it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

oh thats right, you saw a video of some 8w7s on youtube...

lol A subwoofer's size has no indication on how 'fast' it will play. That 12"XXX or the 8W7 will be perfectly fine for sub-frequencies.
Looks like you just spent more money on things you wanted, but did not need like the rest of the us.
Yes, you are absolutely right that size doesn't directly equate to 'fast" or 'tight'. I guess that's the old school in me. And two 8's have about 10% less cone surface area than one 12. So by the numbers I should expect similar volume levels, but that is a far less important to me than sound quality.

I know we can debate each other on that. I suppose it has a lot to do with my perception of what is tighter, huh?

cool, be sure to post pics. RE XXX is a nice woofer, what style is it?
I didn't realize the older ones were the better ones. But I'm seeing a lot of reference to that. It's a new one, suppose.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390009982668

I got it for 25% off using the Live.com Search Cashback.

install dependant but i'd rather have the xxx.
better question is why dont you want it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

oh thats right, you saw a video of some 8w7s on youtube...
No doubt, install is important. As is anything I put in my car... alarm/supercharger/exhaust/etc.

This isn't the music I listen to, but I'm sold on it. All the RE XXX videos I saw were all about trunk rattle and that ain't what I's into, mang!

Check it:

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

First off... a lot of love goes out to southwest713 for helping me out in PM during all this. Although, he's most to blame for my impulse buying! But I'm done for now.
Here's my first setup:

• Alpine 9886 head unit
  • Image Dynamics CXS64, 6.5" components
  • MB Quart PAB2100 200x2 amp for IDs
  • Alpine 6x8 coaxials, for rear fill and powered by head unit
  • Fosgate subwoofer amp/enclosure, for my Mustang

Then... I wanted better bass, so I bought

• Sundown SAX-125.2
  • RE Audio XXX12

But I saw some YouTube videos of JL 8w7's and they looked great! I'm more about sound quality and I'm worried the XXX12 would not be as fast or tight as two 8's. So I just bought:

• (2 more) Sundown SAX-125.2
  • (2) JL Audio 8w7

So.... that means I'm left with this. Think I'll not use any rear fill. I'm pretty happy about it and excited as hell!

• Alpine 9886
  • ID CXS64, 6.5" component set
  • (2) JL 8w7
  • (3) Sundown SAX-125.2

So I'll be posting the remaining in the Classifieds forum soon.

Alpine 6x8

MB Quart PAB2100 400w amp

Fosgate subwoofer amp/enclosure

RE XXX12

I guess I do need another amp wiring kit, though. Am I missing anything?
::sigh::

First off, why don't you buy a sub amp...instead of speaker amps for your subs?

The XXX has an RMS of 2000 watts. You would be under powering it.

And size of the sub has no effect on how "tight" or "fast" a sub sounds. None whatsoever. An 18" Fi Q, can sound just clean as 2, or 3 10" Q's. It is all about the enclosure and midbass. I can not stress that enough. Or, if you you want to go back to basics. Do you know what frequencies are, and hertz? 30 hz means the sub is moving 30 times/second. If the sub is moving any other speed then 30 hz, it is not playing that frequency. So saying a sub is not moving as fast at another sub does not even make sense, because it would literally be playing a different frequency at that point. It is much more based on the enclosure that determines a subs "tightness."

The XXX can have great SQ in a good sealed enclosure. Many people know this. Not to mention it has the potential to get much louder than the 2 8's, as it has the cone area advantage along with more power handling. You are really making a big mistake by getting rid of it.

why didnt you buy mono amps?
Honestly, I took the advice of Sundownz (Jacob). And I know it's not a big deal to many people here, but I want the same brand amps... and I already bought one 125.s for the components.

That's all.

Honestly, I took the advice of Sundownz (Jacob). And I know it's not a big deal to many people here, but I want the same brand amps... and I already bought one 125.s for the components.
That's all.
I have a feeling that is not what they suggested

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.