Ok I know you all hate Caps for w.e reason...BUT

Ya

Wires the car came with are 4 gauge.

Ne ways continue posting and making fun of my lack of knowledge if you want...im off to bed...10pm atm and I gotta be up in like 7 hours.
Put 1/0 or larger on it. I had 1100D drawing quite a bit of power, and was getting pretty bad dimming, and did the Big 3 in 1/0 instead of 4, and saw a big improvement over the 4. Not saying this WILL help in all situations, but there is no reason not to, if you have the funds for it.

How? At the max volts you can push out or w.e its just like a 65 amp alt can just handle around 980-1000 watts...add that ontop of the power it takes to run a car...I just dont see how thats possible...unless your exaggerating a bit or have the equivalent knowledge about car audio as me.

This depends on the battery, and the music you're listening to as much as anything. Remember that on most music you will not be pulling a steady 1500 watts, factor in any impedance rise you might get out of a box and you could be pulling much less than 1500 on average over a period of time.

I have two amps with a combined rating of about 1000 watts rms in my setup on a 80A alt. I get dimming but my voltage drops from 14.7 to about 13 on something really bass heavy. If you're not dropping voltage below 12.5-13 I wouldn't worry too much about the dimming.

also i'd like everyone to also realize that with regular bulbs in car a quick 1v draw will show dimming.
So thats why my lights dim when I lower more than one window at the same time.

What car do you have op?

Battery + Big 3 in 0 gauge, along with money to fix all the problems you've caused.

That's all you need to do. A capacitor won't help your issues.

You should never think of wire size as a straw whose size can limit current draw, that is taking that analogy way too far, to the point of being completely wrong. As has been mentioned, the smaller wire (straw) will simply add more resistance to the circuit, actually increase perceived current draw from the alternator. Increasing wire size can only help, assuming you do not exceed the law of diminishing returns.

I have run my system, which is around 900 watts, for years on a stock elect system, but have had a 5F cap, and never had even a hint of problems

on any front (Not even a blown fuse!). Unfortuantely there is increasing evidence that there is a lot of crap in the under $100 cap market, esp at

under $50 (no matter what the package may say).

So unless you sit in your car for hours listening, where your running on your battery, then a cap can be a very good solution, esp if you want

your bass to really hammer. IMHO.

Rick

Caps are useless. There have been countless articles/tests on them...

If I remember correctly, most capacitors will discharge 3x faster that it recharges, which means if you have constant bass notes, it isn't doing a damn thing.

if you listen to music with a single bass note every 60 - 120 seconds then go for it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.