ohm load help on FI btl fully loaded 18's

thanks man what should i tune the amps to though on to sundown 3000D's ????? i want in for spl only an one more quesion do u got any box designs??????? for a eclipse for 2 18" BTL's

thanks man what should i tune the amps to though on to sundown 3000D's ????? i want in for spl only an one more quesion do u got any box designs??????? for a eclipse for 2 18" BTL's
you don't tune amps, at least you dont "tune them for spl". you set the gains as high as they go before clipping sets in, measured with an o-scope. for spl only implies you will only burp notes, and never play music. are u sure u want to invest all that money just to put up good numbers at shows?

do you know about tuning, electrical upgrades, and box building? if you arent sure about ohms, and ohm loads, i wouldn't recommend running 6,000+ watts in your install if you are doing the installing. read up here, it may save you a great deal of time and money http://www.bcae1.com/

tune amps? box design will depend mostly on vehicle? I know your a newb but for any help you will really need to elaborate on what you mean for us to help you.

Your not gonna fit 2 18's in an eclipse unless you do a wall //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

You do know how big of a box the subs require right? You can't just slap them in any old box and expect them to perform like they are intended to...

Ported box we recommend using 5-8 cubic feet @ 30-35Hz tuning, you can tune a little higher if you wish but we recommend keeping it close to 32hz for a daily driver. Again the same 12-16 square inches of area applies per cubic foot of volume, per sub.

Thanks!

-Nick

thanks everyone i no i cant just slap them in my car thats y i came here for the help im makin a wall in my elspise i allready plan on makin it a 2 seater for sure i no that lol i guess i wont set it up for spl im still gonna get the 2 sundown 3000's for sure there relly nice amps well if anyone can link me some disigns that u think would be loud i want it very loud : ) for sure were u feel it in your chest

i have been reading up on the site bball09124 sent me it helped alot thanks man i found the wall im gonna be building in the car its gonna be loud as hell thanks for all the help i got so far if anyone has any more help that would cool but so far i no what im doing on everything so i will be building an installing here within a few weeks when i have the money for the woofers an amps an batts an the 300amp alt im gettin a flipout now i might this comin week its a kenwood flipout its nice im gettin it cheap from my new friend so ill post pics an vids of the build an when its all installed for everyone to see thanks again hope u all have a god day

If you need a sub still you can buy my BTL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif BTW thanks for the recone nick.

hello i was gonna get two RL-p 18's but now im getting two Fi BTL 18's fully loaded running them off two sundown 3000D's but i need help on what ohm load i should run to the woofers an how big of a box should i build??????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.