Oh the horror!

Still haven't solved anything. I know know as long as the amp is plugged in that bech gets HOT! Had hu off and felt the heatsink about 20 minutes later and holding my hand on it for less than a second the pain was untollerable. It's drawing 13.75-13.95 constant. Ugh. WTF

Sounds like ur at to low of a ohm load for the amp, that's why it would cut out and is extremly hot. After all the abuse and stupidity on ur part, the amp gave up.

Send her in and get a new one. This time wire it to the correct ohm load bud and quit being stupid!

how do i wire to the wrong ohm. Tell me what i did wrong. I ran a strand of 12 g speaker wire to each speaker. From there i attached one side to the positive of the speaker and one to the negative. Then went to the amp. Put the positive side into the channel, and the negative side into the channel. On every speaker. The speakers are 4 ohm. The amp is 75 X 4 @4ohm. Now tell me what i did wrong.

so the speaker that overheats the amp, or cuts it out is the problem? Also i found today that i had closed my hood on my power wire and it took about 1/4 of the strands off with a cut from it. Replacing it pretty soon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JuicyJeff

10+ year member
Juicy
JuicyJeff
Near Cleveland, Oh
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date