Oh My God. Experienced my first competition system.

Participant count
  • Participants list

1995Tercel
10+ year member

SW Utah
Y'all crazy. It's 6 hours later, and my f*****g eardrums still hurt. It was "only 150db" Sorry, no video.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2152043461724897/

Exhilarating to say the least. the first song he played, the windows were up, and I felt all the pressure in my eardrums, it was very uncomfortable, and even plugging my ears didn't prevent them from slamming back and forth. Second song he played was much more enjoyable, he rolled his window down a bit, and the pressure changed to my body, I could really feel the air moving, and I had a lot more fun.

Both songs, I just... really couldn't believe what was happening. The rest of the day, I've felt a 50/50 mix of "omg I want more of that" and "wtf I should run away and never do car audio again lol"

Truly the definition of awesome. And he's shooting for 170db in his next vehicle, iirc a walled 6 x 15, each sub getting 12 THOUSAND watts. cuh razy. I do not want to sit in that. Ok, maybe.

Yup. You know him? He was saying its loudest to match box tuning to free air hz of the subs. I don't know enough to disagree, and it makes sense that the resonant frequency of the subwoofer should be taken advantage of.

I think he said he got 155 or 156 or something like that, but I do remember him saying he's putting too much power to each sub, just after my short demo, he's pointed out some smell I couldnt recognize, and he said that was the subs.

Whatever db level, its nuts lol

Y'all crazy. It's 6 hours later, and my f*****g eardrums still hurt. It was "only 150db" Sorry, no video.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2152043461724897/

Exhilarating to say the least. the first song he played, the windows were up, and I felt all the pressure in my eardrums, it was very uncomfortable, and even plugging my ears didn't prevent them from slamming back and forth. Second song he played was much more enjoyable, he rolled his window down a bit, and the pressure changed to my body, I could really feel the air moving, and I had a lot more fun.

Both songs, I just... really couldn't believe what was happening. The rest of the day, I've felt a 50/50 mix of "omg I want more of that" and "wtf I should run away and never do car audio again lol"

Truly the definition of awesome. And he's shooting for 170db in his next vehicle, iirc a walled 6 x 15, each sub getting 12 THOUSAND watts. cuh razy. I do not want to sit in that. Ok, maybe.
I think I've seen that dude post on youtube.  IIRC he does 152-ish on some sort of average music format which is pretty solid.  There's no reason that gear shouldn't make 152-153 burps, more if he is tuned somewhat high. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.