Official "What Frequency is my song yo" post

i know its a little off topic...but does someone here have a song that is recorded at an incredibly high rate...something that is super clear just so i can hear the true SQ of my HU...highest i have is like 320 off of limewire
A high bite rate song does NOT mean it will have nice sound quality. I have a few Dave Matthews songs that are 112 and they sound beautiful. I also have a few over 200 that sound like ****.

Celion Dion - My heart will go on: 30, 31, 41, 54, 61, 20, 26, 28, 37, 35

Yung Joc - It's going Down: 38, 57

A high bite rate song does NOT mean it will have nice sound quality. I have a few Dave Matthews songs that are 112 and they sound beautiful. I also have a few over 200 that sound like ****.
sure anything can sound bad. even and original cd

BUT anything as low as 112 and you should easily be hearing the difference from the original CD.

i'd say below 192 and most (almost all) people can hear the difference from the original (if they listen to both next to each other)

of course that being said it can still be acceptable to most people to listen to compressed music.

thanks man

I have Audacity and is there any way i can tell what the peak frequencies are in songs?, i'm still kinda new to Audacity and if ya know how to find what frequencies songs peak at PM me and help me walk through it if ya can, thanks, this seems interesting.

Fuck you. End of story. Ever heard of curiosity? Hell, if I really felt like it, i would record my fart, send it, and ask what frequency it is. And when i hear music, from being in band and other advanced music classes, im thinking what notes, scales, and concert tunes just by nature because my brain was conditioned to do so.....
hey you, SHUT UP.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif That gets loww..good song to test subs and frontstage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Is this the original version of My Heart will go on? I listened to this song and there is only vocals and the is a couple low frequencies that were presentable.

I have Audacity and is there any way i can tell what the peak frequencies are in songs?, i'm still kinda new to Audacity and if ya know how to find what frequencies songs peak at PM me and help me walk through it if ya can, thanks, this seems interesting.
Open a song, select all, go analyze->plot spectrum. Make sure it's on log frequency with a high sample rate (Default is 512, you'll see it)

Problem is it only works with 23 seconds of a song at a time.

Open a song, select all, go analyze->plot spectrum. Make sure it's on log frequency with a high sample rate (Default is 512, you'll see it)
Problem is it only works with 23 seconds of a song at a time.
thanks, i'll give it a try:veryhapp:

i put the sample rate at 16384 is that alright?

Is this the original version of My Heart will go on? I listened to this song and there is only vocals and the is a couple low frequencies that were presentable.
It was the original but with a boosted low end. The original recording is very low in the bass region and you can't really pick out the low stuff. With a +3dB boost at 30hz and 45hz, it is much more clear and defined.

I have a very exaggerated boosted version but the mids and highs almost don't exist because I boosted it too much. My headphones didn't give me a good idea when to stop and I went right until clipping.

http://media.putfile.com/Celion-Dion---My-Heart-Will-Go-On-bass-boost

I used a slightly boosted version to get those numbers. The real low stuff is very quick and is between two other peaks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.