Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/woot.gif.aaa6090e619a97b6090d16dd863c5a69.gif decided to skip class because today sux anyway...

DSCN2797.jpg

DSCN2799.jpg

DSCN2800.jpg

I just recently did the Big 3 in my '98 Jeep Cherokee. I'm still new to all of this, so I'm wanting to make sure I made the right connections. Mainly I'm concerned about my block to chassis.

Towards the lower part of my alternator there's a wire that leads NEAR the engine block, if not connected to the engine block. It's hard to tell. It's there that I connected my 1/0 terminal and ran that to the chassis.

The car is running fine and all, but I really can't tell if I got a good connection on the engine block. I thought the lead from the alternator was a hint - but I don't know.

Can you check out my detailed pics here and let me know what you think from looking?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31471332@N03/

(click on the "All Sizes" icon above the photo to see the extra large image and see detail)

I just recently did the Big 3 in my '98 Jeep Cherokee. I'm still new to all of this, so I'm wanting to make sure I made the right connections. Mainly I'm concerned about my block to chassis.Towards the lower part of my alternator there's a wire that leads NEAR the engine block, if not connected to the engine block. It's hard to tell. It's there that I connected my 1/0 terminal and ran that to the chassis.

The car is running fine and all, but I really can't tell if I got a good connection on the engine block. I thought the lead from the alternator was a hint - but I don't know.

Can you check out my detailed pics here and let me know what you think from looking?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31471332@N03/

(click on the "All Sizes" icon above the photo to see the extra large image and see detail)
can't really see anything in the pic to tell if it is a good connection to the block

I myself will be doing this this weekend to my sons car. He has to much power and his 1000/1 JL does not run to low of voltage...

I myself will be doing this this weekend to my sons car. He has to much power and his 1000/1 JL does not run to low of voltage...

i got a couple questions...

for the battery terminal on the top post positive side.. can that have both, the positive coming FROM THE ALT and still be connected to, TO THE AMP. at the same time?

and there are extra wire holes on the battery terminal for like 8 guage or so wire as well.. i have a smaller amp i would like to hook up to that... it not power my second amp because my other wires ARE thicker and have less constricted current?

i got a couple questions...
for the battery terminal on the top post positive side.. can that have both, the positive coming FROM THE ALT and still be connected to, TO THE AMP. at the same time?

and there are extra wire holes on the battery terminal for like 8 guage or so wire as well.. i have a smaller amp i would like to hook up to that... it not power my second amp because my other wires ARE thicker and have less constricted current?
Wat!?

The battery + has to be connected to both alt and amp or the system won't work correctly.

i got some pics of my **** again... not as dirty as redneck up there though ^^^

Battery:

0204091542a.jpg

Battery Neg --> Chassis:

0204091542b.jpg

Battery Pos --> Alt Pos:

0204091543b.jpg

Battery Neg --> Engine (Alt Bracket):

0204091543c.jpg

Alt Pic:

0204091543a.jpg

NO, I DON'T HAVE ENGINE --> CHASSIS. I don't see a need for it.

you should link to my pics because mine > yours //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I did this last night.. I went alt + to Bat +, engine to chassis ground, Batt- to chassis ground. Testing before at the amps I was getting 12.8 at idle. After doing this I tested at 14.1 amps at the amps and only dropped to 13.6 hitting pretty hard in my sons car. The car ides so much better this is def a MUST do.

Peace, Jeff

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...