OEM radio processor.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Popwarhomie
5,000+ posts

Team Lethal Pressure
Central FL
So my factory radio limits the volume and has preset EQ and crossover points. A ton of other ST owners just run an LC7I but I don't think thats the best option. Guess I will need a processor..

What would be the best for me? I don't care for insane sound quality. I came from Pro audio mids and 157dbs. But I'm trying to get some better sound quality out of this build. Thats why I went with Hertz speakers.

Thinking

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13698101/JL-Audio-TwK-88-System-Tuning-Processor.html

I would LOVE to just put an 80PRS in the glove box to run the stereo but it would be a pain and having all steering wheel controls do nothing would ****.

I was originally looking at the 82. But I don't understand how It works with a 4 channel and mono amp having only 1 set of outputs?
I think you would need the FiX-86 not the 82. The 86 has 3 sets of outputs. The TwK is just an EQ that goes with it. From what I understand basically the FiX De-EQs, then the TwK EQs properly. Pretty sure the 82 is for people just adding subs.

I think you would need the FiX-86 not the 82. The 86 has 3 sets of outputs. The TwK is just an EQ that goes with it. From what I understand basically the FiX De-EQs, then the TwK EQs properly. Pretty sure the 82 is for people just adding subs.

Damn there are a lot of these things lol. I found the 86. Thank you.

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out which one I'm going to go with. One mistake I made in my last post was the 86 does EQ but it auto-EQs
I don't like that you have to use remote control knob for volume... :/

So $450 total.. Ouch.

I was originally looking at the 82. But I don't understand how It works with a 4 channel and mono amp having only 1 set of outputs?
This is why I said to use both units. TwK only needs two stereo channels of inputs. It's a two-part combination for the best results.

Why would you have to use a different volume knob?

"You'll set up your FiX 86 with the factory radio's volume control at 3/4 full. Once the system is calibrated, you can use the optional DRC-200 Digital Remote Controller (sold separately) to control your system's level while maintaining the processor's EQ restoration. You can still use your radio's volume control without a DRC-200, but the factory volume-dependent equalization will affect the tone at different settings."

Why not use the LC7i you say others use? I only ask as Ive the same issue in my XF and was thinking the 7i would sort it.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not use the LC7i you say others use? I only ask as Ive the same issue in my XF and was thinking the 7i would sort it.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone else doesn't really care about the factory EQ points I guess. I would much rather just run the LCQ1 like I was going to but don't want to be disappointed. I really don't want to spend $450 on the JL Fix 86 though...

Everyone else doesn't really care about the factory EQ points I guess. I would much rather just run the LCQ1 like I was going to but don't want to be disappointed. I really don't want to spend $450 on the JL Fix 86 though...
PAC and Rockford are both releasing DSPs this year that look promising. I don't know if they are for your vehicle are not (and neither are released yet so there are no reviews) but they are the PAC AP4-CH41 which is just a DSP, no EQ, and retains all factory settings. Rockford is releasing the DSR1 which is a DSP and EQ and can be flashed to communicate the CAN messages from your HU. It'll still use the 3sixty program for EQ but apparently they have an app for it so you can equalize right from your phone? That's the one I'm waiting for right now but only because I know for certain out of the box it's flashed for my HU.

The fix by itself is useless. You will want to add TwK to it. Hertz has the H8 out and it does the same de-EQ as the bit. Cheaper also. eBay them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.