Odd port question...

Fast1one
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
California
Not sure how to attack this one...long story short im doing a hack job on my box to raise the tuning from 28HZ to around 33-34...I wanna hack a section of the port inside but I also need to hack off part of the front face of the port. I am only going to hack off one side for ease...how would I measure the port length when one side of the port is longer than the other? Heres a pic with the two possible answers...

portsjb2.png

Anyone have my answer? Maybe im overthinking this lol...

So, the board you are going to hack is the only port board? The rest are also sides of the box?
Basically the right edge is the inner part of the port...the outer is the left edge... So yes only the port...
Edit: Got an answer...thanks for the quick one saywhat?

still measure down the center to the end of the port baord. the other side doesn't matter, as far as it's length goes, it would still be there if the port wasn't at all.

Is that the "add 1/2 height to the physical length" method?
if its a slot port, with one edge against a wall of the box, then thats what you do, but this guy is wanting to make one side of the port longer than the other, with no wall as part of the port, so, the most correct way of measuring it would be the first way he drew.

if its a slot port, with one edge against a wall of the box, then thats what you do, but this guy is wanting to make one side of the port longer than the other, with no wall as part of the port, so, the most correct way of measuring it would be the first way he drew.
Crap now im getting two answers...So basically to remove 5 inches of effective port length I will need to remove 10 inches from the left wall?

Build a new box...your going to end up ruining the one you have.
Lol no I wont...theres really no way of ruining it...unless you really are a dumbass...Why spend more time when it will take 5 mins to modify this one? Its a simple question, and if I get it wrong it wont change the tuning by a ton, around 2 HZ, just wanna know for sure, kay?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.