obsidians box recommendation for 18

Participant count
  • Participant list

Looney_Tune
10+ year member

F**k How You Feel
Killeen,TX
I got a 18 obsidian and want build me a ported instead of the sealed I built now at 4cf. Obsidian recommends using a 6in diameter port for the sub. Im going slot port and found an equation to convert it and got basically 1.5in wide based on my box im going to build...little under 5cf. That seems small to me for an 18 but again im running the rated 600wrms to it because I like my dual alpine pdx setup. Obsidian seems to clearly state u should go by their recommendations...1.5in wide should be fine for port if im running rated 600 to it correct? Gona b tuned to bout 30hz...

Waz thinkin the same but im tryna stay at 5cf for volume. Havent built nearly enough enclosures to kno wats a good port area. I want a good all around sound but little more low end if that makes sense. Dnt want a fart box.

Is 50 sq in like universal for all big n mid to high power handling subs? hear it alot... Wats difference if I went with 40 or even 70 sq in? Work wit me...

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest if u dnt really know "as i dnt on alot of stuff" its best to just buy a design from someone who does know. Dustin can draw ya one up for a fair price. Rather be right the first time then to have to build the whole thing over..

P.S bring me ur Rott.. I got 3 buddys he can play with... Great pack dogs..

Well I kno how do build n get dimensions just want to kno how a ports sq in is determined...roughly. Guess its just sound preference.

And yea would bring ”aiden” but he not very sociable when it comes to other other dogs his size...Proly jus walk up on ur dog n put his head over ur dogs...not really tryna see sum rotts fight. Roun ppl hes cool..but will watch u.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.