Obsidian Audio

they're made by jacob. pretty much just sundown audio's ''cheap'' line. very good subs though. they have some nice SPL numbers from what ive seen
Wrong. These were designed completely by Nick from SI.

But to answer the OPs question the OA line sounds great and has the ability to get pretty loud also. For the price, you cant go wrong.

Wrong. These were designed completely by Nick from SI.
But to answer the OPs question the OA line sounds great and has the ability to get pretty loud also. For the price, you cant go wrong.
thats weird. i was always told they were made from jacob.

that is correct, Nick designed the subs. For the price they are amazing drivers.

Here is the tread for our demo truck

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/dc-creations/524384-truck.html

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

thats weird. i was always told they were made from jacob.
Jacob is working on amps and I think the mids/highs for OA

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Jacob and Nick from SI collaborated on these. They are excellent woofers at a no BS price. More SQ oriented than the SA line. And about just as underrated. Can't go wrong with an OA.
These are NOT the same as the SA subs.

Didn't Jacob have a small part in the woofers too? I know Nick played a huge role in the woofers, but I thought Jacob was still apart of it. Nonetheless great subs at a great price.
From what I've read they are completely designed by Nick. Jacobs part in the company is designing the amps. (so far anyway)

Did I not make that clear? :\
And while the SKARs are an awesome woofer, they really shine on the low-end, they're clean, and underrated. The OA is more geared toward SQ with a wide and flat response. Though all of this changes with the enclosure and install.
Sorry I miss-read your post.

Yeah guys, know about the company and all, wasn't asking about that. Been following them a little while now. I was going to go with 15s for the preorder but Nick said they were going to do 18s, so I held off. Looks like they are getting the tooling and all set up for now and may be ready for orders at the end of this year or early next year. Was just wondering who has heard them and if they sound good? And no they are not a cheap version of a SA. Just different parameters and design.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.