Obsidian Audio 15 v3 D4 advice.

TJB

Im fairly new to car audio and I am wanting to build my first system. I was thinking about 2 obsidian v3 15s (d4). I have no idea how many ohms they should be wired at and what amp should I get. Keep in mind that my electrical is stock. Any advice is helpful. Dont roast me me in a noob lol

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

and what dimensions for a box are recommended for these?

i wanna say first off these are amazingentry level woofers and congrats on choosing to stray the beatin bath. ok u should look for something like a sundown saz, sae, sax 1200.1, soundqubed 1200.1, dc1.2k......etc....etc. as for a box i would go 9-10.5ft^3 ported. tuned between 30-35Hz. do the big 3 upgrade and that should be all u need assuming ur alternator isn't like a 90amp or below alt.

i wanna say first off these are amazingentry level woofers and congrats on choosing to stray the beatin bath. ok u should look for something like a sundown saz, sae, sax 1200.1, soundqubed 1200.1, dc1.2k......etc....etc. as for a box i would go 9-10.5ft^3 ported. tuned between 30-35Hz. do the big 3 upgrade and that should be all u need assuming ur alternator isn't like a 90amp or below alt.
****..... 9 cubes for 2 15s? is that gross cubes then?... hell im running my 2 Obsidian 18s in 5 cubes net each

I think I have decided on two 12's v3. dont know between d2 or d4. all advice is helpful
also good subs, these can be ran in smaller then usual enclsoures. as far d2 vs d4 it will all depend on the amp your looking at. do you have one in mind

also good subs, these can be ran in smaller then usual enclsoures. as far d2 vs d4 it will all depend on the amp your looking at. do you have one in mind
Im not to sure what my car can take but I was thinking a hifonics brutus brz1200. If you have something better in mind please tell.

Im not to sure what my car can take but I was thinking a hifonics brutus brz1200. If you have something better in mind please tell.
the only thing about this is your electrical. You would be better off doing the obsidians honestly because they dont need as much power. The zv3's are "rated" at 1500(they are rated lower then what actually take order to keep people from overdoing it and blowing them lol). Where as the Obsidians are rated at 600rms(they will also take more but dont need it) to get loud. The zv3s are not really going to move that much on the Brz1200. The Obsidians on the other hand will probably do pretty well on the that amp. Unless you plan on droping some money into getting a bigger alt and batteries id go with the Obsidian's.

the only thing about this is your electrical. You would be better off doing the obsidians honestly because they dont need as much power. The zv3's are "rated" at 1500(they are rated lower then what actually take order to keep people from overdoing it and blowing them lol). Where as the Obsidians are rated at 600rms(they will also take more but dont need it) to get loud. The zv3s are not really going to move that much on the Brz1200. The Obsidians on the other hand will probably do pretty well on the that amp. Unless you plan on droping some money into getting a bigger alt and batteries id go with the Obsidian's.
I think there is a slight miss communication. I meant 2 Obsidian 12" v3. ( Obsidian Car Audio ) With that being said will the light dim or anything like that? And will a 4 cb ft ported box get the job done?

I think there is a slight miss communication. I meant 2 Obsidian 12" v3. ( Obsidian Car Audio ) With that being said will the light dim or anything like that? And will a 4 cb ft ported box get the job done?
4 cubes is perfect. Get dual 4ohms and an amp that is 1 ohm stable. PPI BK 1800 is a great budget amp.

Ive had 4 Obsidian 12s. Great subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.