O where to mount the amp....

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ctminime
10+ year member

1/2 Team SubHertz
i just got a new car and im doing the system right this time.... i dont want to put my amp on the back of my box cuz that damages the heatsink and makes it look like crap... not to mention my chains holding it might fry it haha..... but i want a place to put my amp and i dont know where it is and isnt safe to mount in my trunk... (dont want to like drill into anything that might be imporant) ill post up pics soon on what i have to work with... and before anyone says it no my seats dont fold down so that isnt an option.... anyone with a 95 or newer lumina or monte carlo could be of big help here....

would it be possible to mount it on top of the rear deck between my 6x9s? and there is nothing to mount it to on the back of the seats all there is on the back of the seats is the padding to them and the piece of carpet that covers that up nothin solid enough... i kinda wanted to see if it was possible to mount like right behind the brake light in the metal....

just make a basic amp rack out of some MDF to fit under your rear deck and mount the amps upsidedown.

you would just screw the amp rack to the bottom of the rear deck with some screws.

just make a basic amp rack out of some MDF to fit under your rear deck and mount the amps upsidedown.you would just screw the amp rack to the bottom of the rear deck with some screws.
the only thing on that is that i dont have enough clearance between my sub box and my rear deck to do that... i thot of that too but there is always somthing that has to be difficult..... o and i wanted u to know u have my dream car and i am so jealous that u dont even know.... is it an Sti? but seriously... dream car... like that is what i think about when i go to bed at night lol:D

nah, its not an sti. its an 03 with the bugeyes. i kind of like thoes better.

i am though ordering a STi version 7 engine from japan in a few weeks.

thanks man

Even tho i have a garage to park in that is still a pretty good point..... didnt think about that there is yet another possibility down the tubes.... see this is why im having this problem

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.