o-scope

Participant count
  • Participant list
What do they come with probe wise? And is what they come with good enough for doing basic system setting?
I ask because I feel ive ready somewhere that its easier or better to have a 10x or 100x probe. Makes readings easier to see.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
comes with a 1x 10x probe. has a little hook cap that i havent used once, more useful for best probing. the main probe is a black alligator ground clip and a pointed positive probe. might want to get a longer ground lead but overall i think it's just fine for what we need. sometimes i have to put a set screw on the alligator clip so i only have to hold one probe or whatever but you'll figure it out lol

do i play a certain hz tone, or something else?
Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk
depending on what you're using, 0db tones within the range of your speaker. ex, mids are crossed from 100hz-3khz. use something near the middle like 1khz. subs, crossed at 25hz-100hz, using something like 40-50hz. i open up the filters when i do this, unless its on a sub i usually leave them so i dont lose output.

subs use a -3 to -10db tone depending on your music preference

do i do this with the speakers hooked up? or unhooked? like when i check my rca outputs on the headunit i assume unhooked from amp input?

i do it unhooked, you can do it hook up but i prefer not to due to the average power of a sine wave vs music

rca's yes unhooked, but keep in mind if you have signal split by y splitters they need to all be connected to the amp to simulate the drop you'd get (this is when setting amp gain)

whats your signal source? use that, if its your phone use a tone generator app with the phone volume maxed out... if you find its clean

will be cool to see if it does change the clipping point. hoping to get amps in and setup this weekend and get started on my t-line for my type-r 10's.

do i play a certain hz tone, or something else?
Just play tones centered in the range the tweeter/mids/or sub will play.

do i do this with the speakers hooked up? or unhooked? like when i check my rca outputs on the headunit i assume unhooked from amp input?
Unhoked for everything!

thank you for the info. how do i get a -3 to -10db 50hz tone? lol
Some audio websites have them available for download, or else you can make your own on Audacity.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.