NVX VSW124 how good is this sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list
**Face Paolm**
JL Audio is an American company and their woofers are manufactured in Florida at one of the world's most advanced loudspeaker assembly facilities

I'm looking at either a JL Audio 12W3v3-4 or a pair of NVX VSW124's but not much info on them..
When-facepalm-isnt-enough.jpg

Check your sources man, w3s and below are outsourced to china. Better yet just go to any car audio shop/jl dealer and pick up a jl w0/w1/w3 sub theres that made in china stamp right on it.

Sound quality wise , they are decent but they dont hold a candle to morel, audison and some of the real high end audiophile companies. Only their w6 and w7s are decent out of their lines and equivalent or better can be had for much less.

Jl, Spl wise... lmfao riiight.

Heres some real testing and data in real world performance(real time analyzers and termlab) of the sub i recommended. Not the hyped up bull that car audio shops say to push their jl products and the overly biased marketing sonicelectronix does with their inhouse nvx crap.

My test: 12" sub roundup. - Car Audio Classifieds

If you really want and If you really want an opinion on the vsw subs @CSCStang ; owned a pair of 10s and can give some feedback

**Face Palm**
JL Audio is an American company and their woofers are manufactured in Florida at one of the world's most advanced loudspeaker assembly facilities

I'm looking at either a JL Audio 12W3v3-4 or a pair of NVX VSW124's but not much info on them..
VSW's are junk. Heck that was the fastest turn around with a pair of subs I ever bought. Less than a month and they went up on cl (yeah I gave them a month). I took a hit on that purchase but dgaf, was glad to see them go. My 2 cents........

He built sealed, 4th order bandpass and ported and it failed in the output section even with a 2k amp. His single hds210 on 500 watts can outbump the nsws easily and sound a lot better.
This^^ Forgot about that bandpass attempt haha.

He built sealed, 4th order bandpass and ported and it failed in the output section even with a 2k amp. His single hds210 on 500 watts can outbump the nsws easily and sound a lot better.
How does it sound better? smoother, more controlled, less distortion , articulate.

How does it sound better? smoother, more controlled, less distortion , articulate.

If you want the vsws then just but it, no one is stopping you. Look up what real time analyzers are they are an accurate representation of how subs will sound in your vehicle. Whatever you just listed depends on the enclosure also, you are way overcomplicating things. What part of zilch output is so hard to understand. You cant have either of those things if the sub itself cant produce the sound levels for you to hear.

I'm sure they're garbage if they are just oem type sold only by one retailer. I read up on the FU and the others listed, I only need around 500rms though and would like to keep it under $250. Will be going sealed and SQ is my priority. Also my amp is bridged so limited to 4ohm SVC or 2ohm dual if anyone wants to make a suggestion //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm sure they're garbage if they are just oem type sold only by one retailer. I read up on the FU and the others listed, I only need around 500rms though and would like to keep it under $250. Will be going sealed and SQ is my priority. Also my amp is bridged so limited to 4ohm SVC or 2ohm dual if anyone wants to make a suggestion //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Well I think for the money I'm going with either an FI-X or SSA Gcon. These are supposed to be killer for the money. Hand built in Vegas.

Go for the gcon, ssa subs sound sweet in both the sq and loudness categories. Buf for lethal enforcer, sealed box and 500 watts he will want a Dcon or sundown SD.
Gcon is my first choice but for budget reasons I may have to do the X unless I can acquire a used one. How far off is the X in sq?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.