Nvx jad900.5 setting gain

Participant count
  • Participant list
Need help setting the gains on My 5 channel amp.
Setting the gain on any amp is matching the hu preout voltage with the desired rms of the amp ..the best ways to set gains is with a oscope or dd1 ..if you do t have access to those you can use a dmm to set them ..the only bad thing about the dmm method is if you want or need to get ur amp at max power and the amp doesnt do rated rms the math used to set the gain will cause you to send the amp into clipping

the amp is actually under rated based on a bench mark video i seen on sonic electronix, it really puts out 500rms @ 2ohm on the sub channel. I'm sort of new at this. Lets say i decide to tune it by ears will I be using the "level" knobs for the rear, front and sub. Lets say, i'm setting the rear speakers do i disconnect the front speakers and sub from the amp. I read the basic about turning, the volume 3/4 and setting the gain all the way to 0, then increasing it until it sounds disorted.

I'm more confident doing it by ears than with the DMM.

video showing how under rated this small amp is
jad9005_3.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.