NSTALN's Froggy Frontier 5.1 surround build

Damn son, that shit looks good.
Thank you, sir...It is coming together nicely. Hopefully I'll have the rack and equipment all wired-up this week. Trim panel and subwoofer enclosure to follow...

...I do have a lil trick in mind for this install...stay tuned.

Looking very clean. You should bring it down to this show:21st Annual Sanford Sound Show & Shine & 3X NADBL
I just may...I would really like to attend some of the local shows/meets. The DIYMA crowd just had a meet this weekend...I didn't go this time but plan to next time. I would really like to meet some good local tuners....I'm pretty good at the install aspect and can tune OK by ear...but I would really like to get into REW a bit more and get a more finite analysis of what's going on. This will be a 5.1 install...I've never tuned a surrounf system before so that will be interesting.

I just may...I would really like to attend some of the local shows/meets. The DIYMA crowd just had a meet this weekend...I didn't go this time but plan to next time. I would really like to meet some good local tuners....I'm pretty good at the install aspect and can tune OK by ear...but I would really like to get into REW a bit more and get a more finite analysis of what's going on. This will be a 5.1 install...I've never tuned a surrounf system before so that will be interesting.
I went to a DIYMA meetup 5 or 6 years back and there are some VERY good builds around. Not so many at the Sanford show but it's a killer show all around and you'll meet fellow enthusiasts in the area.

vr6ag7.jpg

35kkbw8.jpg

2cgj2go.jpg

2zqa3gj.jpg

zx174l.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

6h2355.jpg

s5v89e.jpg

30tjsqt.jpg

2m43qyq.jpg

9liu6c.jpg

Where did you find that distro block? That is a really nice looking piece.

Also I assume you're not going active because you already need 6 channels. Those frog x-overs seem to use really high end components though.

Where did you find that distro block? That is a really nice looking piece.
Also I assume you're not going active because you already need 6 channels. Those frog x-overs seem to use really high end components though.
The distro-block is an older Streetwires model CBM-44 or something like that...pretty sure they don't make them anymore but there are a few similar products on the market. I am going mostly active...the only passive units will be the GB crossovers going to the GB25's (which I'll add later) and the GB10's. The plan is to do active (8) channels from the DSP; front high left, front high right (GB tweets), front low left, front low right (GS690's), center GS42, rears left & right GS62's, and sub.

...but I have the GB25's....and they would sound nice in a 3-way (with the GB10 and GS690)...so I figured I would install the crossovers and pre-run extra speaker runs for when/if I add the GB25's. So adding the crossovers and GB25's to the front high left & right would do the trick. The crossovers are beefy as Hell...BIG components.

I was able to get quite a bit done over the last week or so...

I was able to finally mount the equipment rack to the back wall. All wires have been run through factory channels, even the 0gauge power wire. The under-hood is done, the factory HU outputs have been integrated with the RCA's for the processor. Center channel wired-up and secured. Tweeters mounted and wired. Front door 6x9's wired, and an extra set of speaker wires run into each front door for possible GB25 midrange addition later on. Front door got additional sound deadening material. The rear speakers were replaced and wired. And finally the RUX was mounted in the overhead console.

I got a few pics...nothing too exciting though.

1eqis4.jpg

2yxnlvl.jpg

2zecg0j.jpg

2uprew9.jpg

15zi3b5.jpg

15i3hwl.jpg

Your cat is somethin', bro. The only cat I would let lay on my subwoofer, lol. Lucky he's cute.

The work is looking phenomenal, keep the pics coming.

Your cat is somethin', bro. The only cat I would let lay on my subwoofer, lol. Lucky he's cute.
The work is looking phenomenal, keep the pics coming.
Different kitty in this picture...but you should recognize most of the subs...you owned most of these actual subs at one point or another. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

tarbk4.jpg

Added a strip of angled aluminum across the bottom to finish things off and keep things aligned...it matches the JL heat-sinks quite nicely.

2qusmmv.jpg

9a8e4j.jpg

Looks nice with all the wires run and out of sight.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.