Not sure whats burning, but something was..

The glue on the coil couldve just started to heat up. Take it easy on them until you get your electrical more stable.
I really hope so bud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif, I just bought a second battery, and i'm re-wiring the subs with 12gauge right now. This is the first time iv seen the job the last owner did.... Il post pics soon.. This is a disaster.

What box? with your SS pretty much off, Im pretty sure you where playing WAY below tuning. That could heat it up also. And with your voltage dropping like that you asked for this to happen

Well when this happened, it was a 6 from the batt. In B4 Flame. What ever
He's asking what guage wire you have, not how far it is from the battery. If your amp went into protect and your subs are burning your clipping your ****. Turn your gains and bass boost down.

Just got the other sub out.... Im kinda pissed, look at the wiring to this coil.. not to mention the separation of the spider from the cone..

2011-11-15_19-29-44_202.jpg

He's asking what guage wire you have, not how far it is from the battery. If your amp went into protect and your subs are burning your clipping your ****. Turn your gains and bass boost down.
6... as in 6AWG. The gain is at half, any lower and the subs hardly turn on. They are wired to 1ohm but read 1.4 with a DMM, the voltage form the AMP is 34V. Thats putting less than 900W on two 400Wrms subs..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.