Not sure what ohm sub to get

Item(s) for Sale:

Hey guys looking at 2 sundown audio x12 and creciendo bc3500d amp. Should I get dual 2 ohm or 4 ohm sub. Also how big of a second battery do I need. Im getting 240 amp mechman alternator and have Xs D3400 battery under the hood with big 3. Any help is appreciated. Also doing Hertz components with 500 watt 4 channel amp.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Price:

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

In your boat, I would go with dual 4 ohm. The second battery depend on the location it will be in the vehicle. It would be nice if you gave the vehicle the setup was going in.

What's the point of wiring it to .5 ohm. Rather thab 1 ohm or 2 ohm. Sorry new to this stuff. Idk much about this stuff.
You can't just pick an impedance on the fly. The final impedance (what the amp "sees") is based on how many subs you have, how many voice coils those subs have, what the impedance of those coils is, and how you wire them (both at each sub and how you wire the subs to one another).

You can read up on subject and the physics and math behind it, but you're better off using a wiring calculator to see these values in action and how to wire them:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/support/wiringwizard.aspx

If the amp is .5 ohm stable (I don't know if it is - though it looks like people have been doing it anyway) you could get two dual 2 ohm woofers, wire each sub's voice coils in parallel to get 1 ohm, then wire the subs together to get .5 ohm final at the amp (as recommend above). You could also do dual 4s to get 1 ohm final, which is definitely supported on that amp, albeit it with a bit less output.

You can't just pick an impedance on the fly. The final impedance (what the amp "sees") is based on how many subs you have, how many voice coils those subs have, what the impedance of those coils is, and how you wire them (both at each sub and how you wire the subs to one another).
You can read up on subject and the physics and math behind it, but you're better off using a wiring calculator to see these values in action and how to wire them:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/support/wiringwizard.aspx

If the amp is .5 ohm stable (I don't know if it is - though it looks like people have been doing it anyway) you could get two dual 2 ohm woofers, wire each sub's voice coils in parallel to get 1 ohm, then wire the subs together to get .5 ohm final at the amp (as recommend above). You could also do dual 4s to get 1 ohm final, which is definitely supported on that amp, albeit it with a bit less output.
Okay so .5 ohm has more output on it? The amp says .5 ohm stable. But I just don't wanna throw too much power to the subs. I've heard they can handle alot. Here is the info on the amp. I just wanna be sure that I'm buying the right stuff. I know what wiring options I have but I just wanna know if one is better than the other if that makes sense

BC3500D - Crescendo Audio Factory Direct Online Store

Okay so .5 ohm has more output on it? The amp says .5 ohm stable. But I just don't wanna throw too much power to the subs. I've heard they can handle alot. Here is the info on the amp. I just wanna be sure that I'm buying the right stuff. I know what wiring options I have but I just wanna know if one is better than the other if that makes sense BC3500D - Crescendo Audio Factory Direct Online Store
.5 ohm should feed it more power, although your electrical needs to be solid to support that. Subs are rated at 1500W ea. I know lots of people run SA's subs higher than rated, but the signal needs to be clean. That means the amp has the power it needs , the audio signal going to it is free of clipping, and the amp's setting are dialed in properly so the output is free of clipping as well.

an extra 500W or so to each (33% more than rated) is more than I'd recommend to the average person, but with quality gear set correctly it should be okay, but let other people give their opinions. I don't run anything that beefy

if youre new to this, thats a pretty advanced setup. Youll find that after installing and throughout having the system, a lot of adjustments and tinkering is to be done. I understand that youre future proofing but thats a pretty beefy system youre having installed.

if youre new to this, thats a pretty advanced setup. Youll find that after installing and throughout having the system, a lot of adjustments and tinkering is to be done. I understand that youre future proofing but thats a pretty beefy system youre having installed.
I've had 2 pioneers before for my old system but I know it's no where compared to this. And yeah I'm new to this advanced of a system. Just wanna make sure I'm buying the right stuff.

Dual 2 and get 2 g31 batts for the rearWire to .5ohm
Why would you offer this information when the guy is all ready have questions on the basics. All this did was confuse him more. Once he find out about different ohm loads, then he will find out about the different impedance.

I agree.

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.