Not hearing the midbass well on my CDT EF-61CFi/25's

mpbojangles
10+ year member

Akron OH
Just got my CDT EF-61CFi/25 with the 560i crossovers installed and tweaked a bit (gains set) but I'm still not hearing the midbass as well as I think I should. People have been raving about the strong midbass from these speakers and it seems rather lacking in my opinion.

Anyways, it has been suggested that crossover frequencies in my headunit might be messing it up. I am not very familiar with how to properly set the crossover frequencies and slopes for maximum goodness so if anyone could guide me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

What car are they in? Where? Did you deaden the doors? I had CDT HD62 comps in my front doors of my old car, and the mids were very disappointing until I deadened my doors with a few layers and that's all I needed. Give us some info

Don't listen for specific frequency ranges (ie. midbass). If it sounds natural then there is nothing wrong. Good midbass does not equal loud or strong midbass. The point of sound quality speakers is to play a wide range of frequencies with as flat a response curve as possible, so that you won't be able to distinguish certain frequency ranges above that of others. If you want exaggerated midbass then buy an equalizer.

I have a 98 Acura 2.3CL with deadened doors.

Thanks for the reply Brian, that makes a lot of sense.

I got another question. I am resetting my gains and I noticed that putting the DMM in one speaker output channel produces a different voltage than the other. What does this mean? Which one should I use?

... I think the HPF is at 125 Hz currently.
Your HPF being set at 125Hz up to the passive cross over freq (what ever that is) could be part of the reason why you are not getting any kind of kick from your midbasses. You may want to try to lower that HPF on those midbasses to see if that helps you out.

8.jpg

12.jpg

Nice deaden doors and equiptment, now you just need a four channel and go active.

To jangles, try lowering you cross overs, letting lower frequency's pass through.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.