Not happy with my sundown sa15

That may be why it sounds like ur sub is "bottoming out " does it make a slapping noise on high notes ?? Amp settings could be fudged

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

Still might wana watch out bc that box is still a litle oversized

So when the psp calculator says Straight length of port is 9.43" and Flare length port required is 10.43 whats that mean? Because the flares are more than an inch tall? do I just cut the straight section down to 9.43 and leave the flares or should I measure overall flare to flare and make sure its 10.43??

That may be why it sounds like ur sub is "bottoming out " does it make a slapping noise on high notes ?? Amp settings could be fudged 

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

Still might wana watch out bc that box is still a litle oversized
I would say that is a good explanation. The gain is set under half and the frequency response is all the way down because anything higher then that sounds awful on the sub. I get speaker noise out of it

Sounds like with the flare u need to make the straight a certain lebgth and the make the rest of the length with the flare which will require cutting the flare...someone correct me if im tottaly off lol

For my size box every reduction of 1" of internal port increases my freq response by 1.2hz. I can get extremely close to 34 or 35. I will need to redo the brace we did at the end of the tube though....... oh well.

i would do port passenger side, and i believe the vehicle is contributing to the low frequency with cabin gain. in that case, it's okay to be a little higher on the tuning. just at or a little below what i would do for port size, though...

So I didnt actually build my box I just stood there and watched because my arm is casted right now due to awesome failure at dirt biking. Looks like it came out a little larger than planned at 4.70 cubes gross //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
Can I still work with that and just change the tuning? What should I change it to for my sized box
your box is too big to be effective with that much power, I do not care how many watts other people have ran to the SA. At 3 cubes, you might be able to run 1kw to it, at 4 cubes you might run 6-700w to it..at 4.7 cubes, you should probably run about 400 watts rms to it. It is not the sub, they are some of the best 600w subs made. There is a reason manufacturers give specific enclosure recommendations and if you choose not to at least follow them in a general direction, do not complain about the result being the sub's fault. With the power you have, and your music preferences, you should seriously consider about 3.75 cubes net at 35hz with about 15 sq in of port per cube.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.