Not Getting Any Rca Signal

ELMAPA818

I have 2 12" Type R's and a Power Acoustik amp pushing both of them. I have the system hooked up to the stock stereo. The problem is that everything works good the only thing is that happens is that when I yurn on the car, the amp and everything turns on but the subs dont bump. I have to go all the way to the trunk and disconnect both Rca's and connect them again. Once I do this, the subs turn on. When I first installed the system, everything worked good. I had no problems with the setup. What is causing this? how can I fix it? This happens everytime I turn on the stereo and im tired of having to go all the way to the trunk every time.

lol... I was wondering why that seemed so awkward to read. Kept losing my space and getting brought back to the beginning of the word.

Anyway, interesting problem.

Sorry about the typing problem. I dont know what happened there. The stock stereo doesnt have rcas, there IS a converter. Could it be that my RCA's ****? I know they work because all i have to do is unplug them and plug them in again. What I dont get is that this problem just started happening not to long ago. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

check you connection on the LOC (the converter). make sure that all the connections are solid and no crappy ones. if they are good, switch out your rca's for a nice pair. and if it still happens switch out the converter and see if that works. try those and get back to us

Well I swaped out the converter and got some better rcas. Still the problem presists. I can not find what the problem is. I went through the whole wiring system and made sure all the connections were good. Im getting tired of this sh**//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif. Its not the Rcas and its not the converter, what else could it be.

Thats what I didnt want!! What could it be in the amp? Do you think I could fix it or will I need a completely new amp? This amp is brand new, I've only had it for about 1 month.

I guess I could do that, but where would i send it and what would I tell them is wrong with it(what part needs to be replace?) I would rather fix it myself if I could.

possibly the grounds are gone in the rca part of the amp or the power input on the rca is gone w.e i just bought an amp on here from a buyer said it worked 100% but i got it and the rca's were broken. here is the thread. but open the amp and check your rca's in there
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=293074
X2. And if its under warranty and the rca's in the amp are good just send it back in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.