Not enough rca outputs...help please lol

Participant count
  • Participant list

Usmcgrunt471

I just got a bunch of new stuff that i wanna install...

Kenwood DPX301U-head unit

Sony Xplod 600watt 4/3/2-speaker amp

Bass Inferno BI2400PRO 2400watt 2 channel-sub amp

Sony XS-GSW121 12" 4ohm 2000watt peak/500watt rms-sub

Sealed 12" sub square box

2 8 gauge amp kits

Extra RCA cable

I want to connect my front and rear factory 6.5" speakers to the 4 channel, the sub to the 2400 watt amp, and connect them to the head unit. Here is the problem...my head unit only has 2 red and 2 white rca plugs. One set is labeled "FRONT", and the other is labeled "REAR/SUB".

Is there a way to connect all three rca's?

Thanks ahead of time for the help!

To be honest im not tryin to have crazy sound, i kno the xplod amp isnt great but i ran an re audio 12" off a 250w xplod amp in a previous vehicle an i never had a problem with it and sounded good enough for me. The bass inferno i dont kno anything about but i got a good deal (again i kno i get wat i pay for) and as far as i knew Sony was an alright brand? The amp kits i got are good quality though, and i was plannin on runnin the sub off one unbridged channel with the knobs at about a quarter turn so i wouldnt hav to worry about blowin the amp or sub. And factory speakers wont take too much power anyway so i figured the cheapy xplod amp would b ok (I got the xplod amp for 20 bucks from a buddy).

Not tryin to argue with u or disagree, just lettin ya kno a lil more about my thoughts/ideas //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I spent $520 total for everything (NEW except the xplod amp), any ideas/suggestions to do the same setup (speakers on an amp, sub amp, 10 or 12" sub, and head unit with bluetooth audio streaming?

To be honest im not tryin to have crazy sound, i kno the xplod amp isnt great but i ran an re audio 12" off a 250w xplod amp in a previous vehicle an i never had a problem with it and sounded good enough for me. The bass inferno i dont kno anything about but i got a good deal (again i kno i get wat i pay for) and as far as i knew Sony was an alright brand? The amp kits i got are good quality though, and i was plannin on runnin the sub off one unbridged channel with the knobs at about a quarter turn so i wouldnt hav to worry about blowin the amp or sub. And factory speakers wont take too much power anyway so i figured the cheapy xplod amp would b ok (I got the xplod amp for 20 bucks from a buddy).
Not tryin to argue with u or disagree, just lettin ya kno a lil more about my thoughts/ideas //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I spent $520 total for everything (NEW except the xplod amp), any ideas/suggestions to do the same setup (speakers on an amp, sub amp, 10 or 12" sub, and head unit with bluetooth audio streaming?
Try it out. It might be enough for you but when you are ready for better ask first.

Also 1/4 gain don't mean 1/4 power. With 2.5v preouts at some unknown clean volume 1/2 gain should be about all the power they have.

Sony hasn't been alight for many years. You could have done something better with $500 but it would have required some patience to wait for the deals.

OP, all you need is a couple of splitters

images

Split the Front RCA outputs for your speaker amp, then run the Rear/Sub RCA outputs to your sub amp. You will lose your front/back fade ability but using this setup you'll still be able to control the sub level from the HU.

So i plug the head unit side of my speaker rca's into the splitter and plug one into each output for the "FRONT" outputs? Then my sub rca into "REAR/SUB"

Am i understanding u correctly?

So i plug the head unit side of my speaker rca's into the splitter and plug one into each output for the "FRONT" outputs? Then my sub rca into "REAR/SUB"
Am i understanding u correctly?
Yep. You need two splitters. One for each of the Front outputs on your head unit. Just make sure when you connect them you use one plug from each splitter per cable going to your amp. Otherwise you could have all left side in the front and all right side in the back. (Those white/red plugs are left/right audio signals, you want one of each per cable).

The rear/sub is straightforward, just use those ports for your sub amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.