Not as loud as I thought

Aftermarket speakers can benefit enormously from amplification. Aftermarket speakers are also different in design from stock speakers, as to say, T/S parameters will vary greatly from the stock speakers. This means that the results that were measured at the design house, which resulted in the subsequent response curves and listening characteristics, can only be achieved if proper enclosure (your car door and door shell) preparations are made.

I would email JL Audio and ask for the T/S parameters, so you can best prepare your mounting location for the speaker.

You may end up with totally different necessities than your stock speakers. Generally, Low QTS Speakers are better suited for ported enclosures, Mid QTS (between .4 and .7) denotes a speaker better suited for sealed enclosures, and High QTS(.7 and above) will better be served in an infinite baffle situation. These are just generalizations, as any speaker can be manipulated and it's characteristics changed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.