Not a noob with a noob question

Hey folks, I have done instals many times, however, I need some help. I was given a head unit from a friend and the wiring diagram has me a little stumped. I think its from overseas. I will attach a picture of it, View attachment 26552443

#4 sw key 1

#5 brake

#14 sw key 2

#16 Black

These are the ones that have me confused.

Any help will be appreciated
Pretty sure that pink one has something to do with the parking brake. Not sure about the rest

Hey folks, I have done instals many times, however, I need some help. I was given a head unit from a friend and the wiring diagram has me a little stumped. I think its from overseas. I will attach a picture of it, View attachment 26552443

#4 sw key 1

#5 brake

#14 sw key 2

#16 Black

These are the ones that have me confused.

Any help will be appreciated
I think that might be a 7 speaker hu. because it has 2 sets of rear outputs, those sw keys might be for a stock sub

I was thinking SW KEY 1 is the key (ignition) ACCESSORY position and SW Key 2 is the key (ignition) ON position, but I really have no idea.

I was thinking SW = SWitch, and KEY = ignition key.

Sw is steering wheel. That makes sense now. I always figured sw would be switch. Ok, so that's figured out. Anyone have a clue about pin 16? Black (brown). Is it possible that 16 is the head unit ground because pin 1 says sw key ground.

Sw is steering wheel. That makes sense now. I always figured sw would be switch. Ok, so that's figured out. Anyone have a clue about pin 16? Black (brown). Is it possible that 16 is the head unit ground because pin 1 says sw key ground.
it says back, not black?

id bet that 1 is primary Gnd, 6 and 11 go to battery. also, you may be able to ground pin 5 right to the head unit to avoid video saftey feature. some HU do need a relay though, although i haven't installed one yet

Ah back up camera, duh, but a back up camera has rca composite plug plus a hot and ground. Yes, the pink can be ground to override the safety feature so video can play while moving. if im not mistaken, #6 is a ignition switch lead (off when key is off) and #11 is constant hot

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.