Northeast Region northeastern PA

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
I'm Barry Mordkowitz. I did the db drag ( street max ) and did the bassrace at 129.9db. If ya look at the results from the bassrace on their site, my score should've tied me for first, but they put me in third. Anyway, My car is a lot louder since then. I've added 4 kicker ds693, 2 ds 680, a qx4-960, epic 160, 8-gauge speaker wire, and done a few other tricks...Ten minutes ago the first of 2 18" solo-x was delivered...Trying to come back WAAAAAAAAAY louder.

I remember. now

Yeah, Bass Race and dB Drag is all eliminations. No matter what your score is, if you lose in semi finals, you get 3rd.

Especially in Bass Race where you can have 8 people all do perfect scores, not all can get first so you do the elimination rounds.

I myself was doing 139.9s all day at Carlisle, then I made a mistake and was beaten by somebody doing 139.8s.

Thats what dB Draggers love, is the head to head competition. and there is no such thing as a tie at the end of the day.

Those Solo Xs are gonna do some damage for ya.

Good damage? Bad damage? I know it will take a ton of power to juice em' up, but I seriously do have the room for it in this car. Still considering trading it for a van or suv though. The car is a nightmare when it comes to airleaks and things like that. Seems like it would make more sense for me to get a better platform and take it from there...

Good damage? Bad damage? I know it will take a ton of power to juice em' up, but I seriously do have the room for it in this car. Still considering trading it for a van or suv though. The car is a nightmare when it comes to airleaks and things like that. Seems like it would make more sense for me to get a better platform and take it from there...
Good damage of course.

There are probably better vehicles to use, but not much as sparse. Too many people use Astro vans and CRXs. I like the interesting rides like yours that you dont see often. Sad thing is, if you put your system in a CRX, it will be capable of over 150 dB

I agree with everyone that the mic on my epic 160 is off by a few decibals, but I have hit a 153 with it. When I was at Carlisle I only had one amp hooked up. Now that I hooked up the second amp, I need more power bad, so I haven't " opened it up " yet. I'll play it till the voltage drops to where I'm comfortable with it and then I'll let off a lil' bit till I'm back in a good range. I know I need batteries, but right now I'm not sure what I'll use to power those solo-x, so I don't wanna start buying batteries yet. A few days ago I was on the realmofexcursion site and saw somebody hit over 169db with just two 18" solo-x powered by 4 kx1200.1. I"ll probably drop like $1500-$2000 on amps and call it good.

I agree with everyone that the mic on my epic 160 is off by a few decibals, but I have hit a 153 with it. When I was at Carlisle I only had one amp hooked up. Now that I hooked up the second amp, I need more power bad, so I haven't " opened it up " yet. I'll play it till the voltage drops to where I'm comfortable with it and then I'll let off a lil' bit till I'm back in a good range. I know I need batteries, but right now I'm not sure what I'll use to power those solo-x, so I don't wanna start buying batteries yet. A few days ago I was on the realmofexcursion site and saw somebody hit over 169db with just two 18" solo-x powered by 4 kx1200.1. I"ll probably drop like $1500-$2000 on amps and call it good.
That 169 was either an extreme car or an outlaw score though. but still nice.

The KX1200.1s are good but it will be more efficient and probably cost less to do one big amp. or 2 medium amps vs. 4 smaller amps.

2 Crunch GP3000D pros would give you about 8000w total

At first I planned on mojo's, but Ijust got the dual 4 ohm. I dunno about crunch. I always thought they were junk, but last year I figured out the whole Maxonics thing and now I dunno. I like hifonics and mb quart, but I have no idea about crunch now...I've considered autotek before...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

poundindak69
monroeton, pa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
poundindak69
24 civic.jpg