Noobie help needed sorry if wrong section

Participant count
  • Participant list

CheeseCake

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ct
I recently just upgraded my sub and amp.

Currently running a single ct sounds meso 12 d2 with a ct sounds 1500d.1 amp.

Sub is 1500w rms amp is 1500w rms

Here's where noob questions come

If the amp is good for 1500w rms and sub can take 1500w rms is the amp going to be working near max all the time?

Second noob question. No matter how much I google and read i can never figure out how to match input signals. I do not have an oscilloscope. Only a dig multi meter.

I have signal going into lci2 to get rcas to amp. How do I know what voltage output is on rca's of lci2. I just want to get the best sound from what I have and at this current moment if I set the level of lci2 to anything lower then max there is a huge drop off of bass.

I also read to set volume of radio to 75% max usually where there is no clipping then turn lci2 up until clipping light comes on. Problem is clipping light never comes on even when radio and lci2 is maxed

So back to noob questions.
How do I tell when signal is clipping (no oscilloscope)
How to match lci2 to amp input and set gains accordingly using only ears and a multimeter.
Is 150a alternator enough to power 1500w rms

Equipment.
2016 ford focus se hatch stock radio
Lci2 line out converter
Ct sounds 1500d.1 amp.
Ct sounds meso 12 d2 sub

The enclosure I have I think may be to small. Its a prefab 16 3/8 x 13 7/8 x 17 13/16. Not 100% what its tuned at but the women at audio shop sold me box said 37hz.

Hey mate, so the clipping light does not activate even with the controls on full ball. This indicates it does not get enough voltage to pushes your amp into clipping. Set your amp to minimal gain, bass, flat, no boost on the amp, and do the same to the LC2, and the head unit, all settings at flat. Now turn up the volume on your head unit, to half, just under 3/4 full, go to your LC2 and increase the gain, then turn the gain on your amp. Understand that the LC2 coverts speaker to low input and then increased the head unit voltage so that your amp runs more efficiently with the required volume. Even if you increase the LC2 gain, your amp should only be increased slightly given the voltage current has increased. If you are still not happy with the outcome then it may be time to upgrade your head unit and that may also mean, ditching the LC2 as well as most units can do 4V (if not sure, check the store)
Also learn to use a multimeter. Its your best friend in car audio trouble shooting and to determine the voltage your head unit is churning out. Set at dc Voltage, turn your head unit on 3/4 and see what voltage it reads. Maybe too low for clipping or distortion to occur. Stock head units are notorious for that! Aftermarket head unit will provide you much better sound in your ride.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...