Noob

tuckerbranch814

US
Ok should I get 2 12 Alpine type rs or power acoustik mofo?.and what's a good budget amp to power them with?

And will that box be ok it's going in a truck
799c3bc076e0957ada080c5200771aa6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Great questions!

I'm going to ask a few questions and others will chime in:

What's your goal with subs? SPL? Sound quality? Both?

What type of music do you typically listen to?

What's the volume in the box you're using and is it ported (looks ported)? Do you know the tuning frequency?

What's your budget for the subs and amp?

Are you looking for an amp for just the subs or multiple channels? Does the amp need high level inputs? Remote bass control? Built-in crossovers?

-Eric

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Ok should I get 2 12 Alpine type rs or power acoustik mofo?.and what's a good budget amp to power them with?And will that box be ok it's going in a truck
799c3bc076e0957ada080c5200771aa6.jpg

THIS box?.. is that for 12's... what truck allows enough front height to put the baffle on the front using 12's without raising/elevating the seat ... I'm curious?.. that port area I'm seeing might be a little restrictive for a pair of 12's... maybe I'm seeing things...LOL!

THIS box?.. is that for 12's... what truck allows enough front height to put the baffle on the front using 12's without raising/elevating the seat ... I'm curious?.. that port area I'm seeing might be a little restrictive for a pair of 12's... maybe I'm seeing things...LOL!
Yeah it's for 2 12s I liked this box cause I didn't have to use shallows

Friend is doing a box like that minus the ports going in his CC F150. He bought Type r's and has a CAB he is running also lol. Ironic huh.

Depends how much airspace u have.. pair of sundown E woofers on a Cab 1600 at 1ohm would be pretty nice daily set up for $450ish
Too much power mine get smelly when I run 1300 rms full tilt

Kenwood X301& Sundown E-15 v3 5.8 CF Ported @34hz on PPI ICE2600

Clip city with the amp u got. 4real and your enclosure is WRONG for the subs.
So I'm clipping with my amp? And It won't smell if I get a different amp say a skar 1500? And my enclosure is pretty much close to right they recommend 6.25^3 and my box is 5.92

Kenwood X301& Sundown E-15 v3 5.8 CF Ported @34hz on PPI ICE2600

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.