Noob question regarding box size

sypherian

CarAudio.com Newbie
So basically the title says it all.

I'm about to order a pre build sub box and since they only come is some pre defined sizes I have some questions regarding this. And before someone says anything about building one I'm an IT guy i can set up a complete company server environment, build a whole Virtaul machine environment with all the redundancy ever needed and configure network until your hearts content but I cannot work with tools larger that a screwdriver so cutting gluing and hammering a couple of MDF boards together is not an option atleast not for me to be satisfied with the outcome that is (some mild exaggeration might have been used)

I can get a closed box that fits the sub perfectly according to manufacture specs but I'm having trouble finding a ported box with correct size according to manufacturer specs that is so my question is how will a box too small affect the sub and how will a somewhat larger box affect it.

Kind regards 

Sypherian

So basically the title says it all.

I'm about to order a pre build sub box and since they only come is some pre defined sizes I have some questions regarding this. And before someone says anything about building one I'm an IT guy i can set up a complete company server environment, build a whole Virtaul machine environment with all the redundancy ever needed and configure network until your hearts content but I cannot work with tools larger that a screwdriver so cutting gluing and hammering a couple of MDF boards together is not an option atleast not for me to be satisfied with the outcome that is (some mild exaggeration might have been used)

I can get a closed box that fits the sub perfectly according to manufacture specs but I'm having trouble finding a ported box with correct size according to manufacturer specs that is so my question is how will a box too small affect the sub and how will a somewhat larger box affect it.

Kind regards 

Sypherian
there are many box builders on the facebooks who can build you whatever you need for reasonable prices.

get a hold of Shaun at NorthWest Audio Suppliers...he just built me a custom box for a very very reasonable price.... shaun@nwaudiosuppliers.com

get a hold of Shaun at NorthWest Audio Suppliers...he just built me a custom box for a very very reasonable price.... shaun@nwaudiosuppliers.com
I probably should have mentioned this in my post I'm situated in Denmark so ordering one from him in Oregon will probably be the most expensive sub box seen in a long time with transportation and customs charges :p 

Maybe I should just contact a carpenter if I bring a case of beer and some MDF for him to cut out I might end up getting it reasonably cheap. 

I probably should have mentioned this in my post I'm situated in Denmark so ordering one from him in Oregon will probably be the most expensive sub box seen in a long time with transportation and customs charges 😛

Maybe I should just contact a carpenter if I bring a case of beer and some MDF for him to cut out I might end up getting it reasonably cheap. 

nah, have them put some of "oregons finest oregano" in the box and make the shipping worth your while. Customs might indeed take issue with it tho. @shredder2 can you take a moment to stop fighting the shelled pizza-eating reptiles to get something whipped up for this fella so he and his carpenter can put something together?

@sypherian list your model of sub and size requirements for the box like how much height depth and width you can allot to the box and im sure shredder can hook you up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.