Bass out of Sync and can't figure it out.

Participant count
  • Participant list

ps2cho
10+ year member

LA
Overall equipment installed in my 2016 Audi A4
Audiocontrol LC2i (installed in-place of the factory subwoofer speaker wires. so Factory sub -> LCI -> Amp -> Subwoofer.)
JL Audio JX5001/d
Infiniti 8" 850w Subwoofer in custom box, 22 x 15 x 4.5" which equals ~0.50cf
KnuKonceptz 8 gauge amp kit

Problem is that the bass seems out of sync with the music by a fraction of a second.

I just don't know what to try here.

Also, I don't know how to set up the LC2i properly...When should I use the bass setting on the line converter vs the bass boost on the amplifier? I've tried to aim for 29v total playing a 50hz test tone (4ohms speaker with 250w RMS = 29v)

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Overall equipment installed in my 2016 Audi A4
Audiocontrol LC2i (installed in-place of the factory subwoofer speaker wires. so Factory sub -> LCI -> Amp -> Subwoofer.)
JL Audio JX5001/d
Infiniti 8" 850w Subwoofer in custom box, 22 x 15 x 4.5" which equals ~0.50cf
KnuKonceptz 8 gauge amp kit

Problem is that the bass seems out of sync with the music by a fraction of a second.

I just don't know what to try here.

Also, I don't know how to set up the LC2i properly...When should I use the bass setting on the line converter vs the bass boost on the amplifier? I've tried to aim for 29v total playing a 50hz test tone (4ohms speaker with 250w RMS = 29v)

Any ideas?

so, you might not actually need the line out converter. I did the same thing in my old Maxima and went to a junk yard and bought the molex plug off a blown factory sub, used a dmm to find + and - from the wires for audio signal, power and ground were cut and capped on the plug leads, then grabbed the remote turn on for the amp. Cut the end off an RCA and bell capped it to the leads from the molex plug and connected the remote turn on all to the amp and viola, it worked like a charm. May want to look into this as it'll very likely work for you too

also, NEVER use bass boost unless you want to clip the **** out of your sub and decrease its life span dramatically. 8 gauge power wire from the batt to the trunk is good for about 500 watts or so, and youre not gonna get a ton out of that without the aforementioned potential clipping issue. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.