Need help with double din

Participant count
  • Participants list

Louis_cook16

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi there!

New to this site. So I have installed stereos before but I recently got a car and the stereo is rubbish in it. I purchased a double din video bt stereo and installed it. It worked but the interface connectors wasnt compatible with the car. When I turned it on it made the fuel gauge go down and act like it was empty. So I unplugged the stereo and reinstalled the old one. My question is...am I okay? Like do you think would have messed something up with the communication/computer of the car cause the fuel gauge moved because of it? It’s normal now and hasn’t moved anymore for two days but I’m still worried I might have messed something up. Please help me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there!

New to this site. So I have installed stereos before but I recently got a car and the stereo is rubbish in it. I purchased a double din video bt stereo and installed it. It worked but the interface connectors wasnt compatible with the car. When I turned it on it made the fuel gauge go down and act like it was empty. So I unplugged the stereo and reinstalled the old one. My question is...am I okay? Like do you think would have messed something up with the communication/computer of the car cause the fuel gauge moved because of it? It’s normal now and hasn’t moved anymore for two days but I’m still worried I might have messed something up. Please help me!
if its back to reading the gas level as it did when the stock unit was in, im sure its fine. By your use of the word "rubbish" is it safe to assume that youre in the UK? I ask just because we have people from all over the world come to this forum, but i thought Vauxhall was the prevailing GM mfg in England. Last gm vehicle if that era i recall running vehicle diagnostics thru the deck was the late 90s cavaliers/sunfires etc. I have as little experience with gms as humanly possible esp the passenger cars of that era. Might want to check a chevy forum on that one unless anyone here has some direct experience with those, and that vehicle isnt a terribly common one for folks on here to ask about. Good luck man, or shall i say "cheers mate"!! :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.